The Tangerine, Ferret Wearing Leader of the Free World

TheAuthority

32 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Eh? Not entirely sure what the bolded has to do with anything.

Fact, he is forgoing security briefings. Briefings with essential info for his term. Has any other president ever done this? (They haven't)

More to the point, he's supposed to be a president who represents all of America. Where is his thank-you tour going? States that voted for him.

President for all of America, my ass.

And you finish your post with a jibe about other politicians in the last <arbitrary number> 

1) In the context of the current economic paradigm, 40 years may not be specific but it is anything but arbitrary.  

2) Security briefing: You mean the briefings from the same establishment that did not foresee the fall of the USSR or 9/11, who did "see" Iraq's WMDs, or who supervised the current clusterfook in Afpak, who missed the Boston lads and that nutjob in Florida, etc., etc., etc. Yup, better pay close attention to those guys... 'cause Freedom!

2 hours ago, villakram said:

2) Security briefing: You mean the briefings from the same establishment that did not foresee the fall of the USSR or 9/11, who did "see" Iraq's WMDs, or who supervised the current clusterfook in Afpak, who missed the Boston lads and that nutjob in Florida, etc., etc., etc. Yup, better pay close attention to those guys... 'cause Freedom!

So he shouldn't to listen to what they know because they don't know everything?

6 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

So he shouldn't to listen to what they know because they don't know everything?

No, I never said that.

The claim was that it is some sort of egregious classic Trump error, in not paying lip service/attention to daily security briefings. I do not agree with that and think it is the same type of lame ad-hominem attack that prevailed prior to the election. I then provided some reasons as to why one might not be inclined to pay a huge deal of attention to the daily US DoD etc. establishment "the terrorists/Russians are coming to get us" nonsense. 

Obviously Trump knows the value of these briefings more than any other president elect then. Despite having no experience within politics.

fair enough I say, he's clear naturally talented and knows it all already.

Â