2016: Worst Year Ever?

maqroll

On 27/11/2016 at 23:23, villarocker said:

Worst year of my life. My beautiful Mum passed away after two years of struggle against lung and breast cancers, as well as COPD. I also lost an uncle too, who was Mum's last surviving brother. Another uncle had a severe heart attack and now lives with less than 30% of working capacity of his heart. 

Been tough financially too because I used nearly all my annual holiday to help my dad look after Mum, which also resulted in me spending 6 nights a week at my parents' home and away from my girlfriend and 2 year old son, for over 3 months. Because of using all my holiday, and it not being enough, I've lost a lot of days unpaid leave from work too. 

Worst year of my life by far and completed by my team being relegated just for good measure. :(

:(  Really sorry to hear that.  There's really not much else one can say.  My 'like' was a 'like' of support :thumb:

• Like 1

Last year was a bitch, but this one has been pretty good.  I've been promoted at work and I'm making huge inroads into my ridiculous levels of debt.  I'm in a job I enjoy, I'm generally feeling much better about myself (certainly in the past 3 months or so) and I look forward to see what next year brings.  

• Like 1

On 28/11/2016 at 12:45, Brumerican said:

Likewise . Lost my mum this year so this will be my first xmas without any parents :( . 2016 has been one long shitefest AFAIAC .

And just found out last night my mom's sister has bowel cancer . Eff this year in the A with no L.

I went for a run this morning with some of my mates from the club. I was having a conversation with one guy about how shit this year had been, and what the hell was going to happen next. At that exact moment, he tripped, faceplanted onto the gravel path, and slid into some brambles. Broken nose, deep gashes, blood everywhere, badly shaken up. Off to A&E. 

FFS. :(

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

I went for a run this morning with some of my mates from the club. I was having a conversation with one guy about how shit this year had been, and what the hell was going to happen next. At that exact moment, he tripped, faceplanted onto the gravel path, and slid into some brambles. Broken nose, deep gashes, blood everywhere, badly shaken up. Off to A&E. 

FFS. :(

I shouldn't laugh, and I hope he's alright, but... :lol:

Edited by Davkaus

Yeah, some people seem to not be able to help but laugh when someone falls over or bangs their head or something, but I've never really had that, I just hope their okay.

But by the timing of that conversation I think I'd have probably pissed myself.

Also politically speaking 2016 was the earthquake but 2017 (onwards) will be the tsunami. Maybe less dramatic than elections but everyone will feel the economic effects, just hope your house is far enough up the hill I guess.

No worries though if Boris and AWOL have got their geo political calculations correct we will all be much richer in 10 years time and way way way more Sovereign, so yeah. Woo. 

• 1 month later...
On 1 December 2016 at 15:59, Davkaus said:

I shouldn't laugh, and I hope he's alright, but... :lol:

For some reason I always start grinning when I hear some bad news off someone. It's happened numerous times when I've been told by a friend that a family member of theirs has died and I just start grinning. I've always done it from when I was a kid. My mother in laws fella died xmas 2015 and whenever they talked about it I would grin. Very embarrassing.

• Like 1

Â