Pre-Match Thread

Sam3773

Monks got them playing well, fair play to him, he's a solid manager. This will be a real test for us: win it and I reckon we could beat anyone, it will really set us up. A loss will be a big dent in hope and momentum, we really need 9 from the next three to really catch up.

if we accept that third is beyond us, Leeds could be very likely play off opposition in May (or is it April?)

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm wondering if he'll bring Gardner back in away from home to give us that bit more solidity. If he does, there's an interesting choice to make between Grealish and Ayew for the remaining forward spot.

He has to. We need three in midfield against the better sides.  Grealish on form but never discount Gabby starting like against Brighton.....

13 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Liverpool had their youngster player to score a senior goal against them. 

0-1 Kodija 

In fairness Origi (one of the highest rated young strikers in Europe over the last few seasons) made both goals, even if that 17 year old took the headlines by finishing the second off.

I did think their keeper looked a little suspect however. He's not a big lad and didn't come for a few which you might have expected him to. I'm sure Bruce will have been watching closely. Quite an advantage for us really both in terms of their fitness and seeing how they play and set up. 

Reckon we'll win.

Fair play, they looked a good side last night, good movement and creativity which, over recent years, has been a real problem for us to cope with.

I'm hoping their exertions will have taken a toll tho (extra time would have been nice), 2-1 villa with a late winner

I'm really worried about this one for some reason - I just don't want our run to end. The positivity is building nicely at our club again and I think a bad result might be more significant to us fans and to the players than if we were regularly on good form. We're still in recovery. I'm still coming out of general anaesthetic (sp) after the last couple of seasons. I think I might do a Larry Lamb if we get beat.

Leeds are a bit of a grudge side for me. I was bullied at school by a Leeds supporter. And in the 1991-92 season when we got dicked 4-1 at home by them on live TV made me almost want to slash my wrists because of the abuse I knew I was going to get.

For info, the story has a happy ending for me. The Leeds supporter got done for ABH after an incident that took place outside of school the following year. And of course, the best day ever for me, seeing us beat Leeds 3-0 at Wembley in the League Cup Final - experiencing the perfect Villa performance.

But the grudge continued... trying to get back to my flat in Luton (Uni), I got spat on at St Pancras station by Leeds supporters. And no, I wasn't goading them. I'm not like that - unless it's from the safety of the stands :)

I like the city of Leeds. Just not the football club or it's supporters.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

So they are showing Leeds v Aston Villa followed 3 weeks later by Aston Villa v Leeds?!

Bit weird but i'll allow it!!

They are showing us 3 times away and one at home then two away again in January. SKY are badly hoping we fall apart 

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

They are showing us 3 times away and one at home then two away again in January. SKY are badly hoping we fall apart 

Or they're hoping we go on a run and smash a few teams. I don't think sky have an agenda against us, they just know we will boost viewing figures. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, John said:

Jack Charlton, Joe Jordan, Mick Jones, Terry Cooper, Allan Clarke, Johnny Giles, Norman Hunter, Eddie Gray, Peter Lorimer: Your boys are going to take a hell of a beating...:)

Your forgetting Jimmy saville .

• Like 1