• Ayew
    • Kodjia
    • Elphick (Baker 45)
    • Gabby (Ayew 63)
    • Gestede (Adomah 74)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

Found it hard to choose between Chester and Amavi for MOTM, had to give it to Amavi for his work toward Alberts goal.

Chester only made one mistake all game, well impressed with him.

Westwood obviously cocked up for their goal and played a ridiculously heavy forward ball for what should have been another for us. He's reached his limit I feel and envisage him going either in Jan or the summer.

Adomah keeps getting better but he's not terribly strong so lost out a few times.

Jedi just fills every gap, I'm glad he's becoming what we hoped he would.

I think most have got Ayew sussed now, I really really like him but the opposition can anticipate his every move, that was the difference between him and Grealish today, Grealish totally got into their heads....and boy did he take a battering.

I'm quite a sentimentalist but when Gabby made that run, everyone around me were on their feet but I honestly couldn't get that excited....I guess I knew he'd bollocks it.

We weren't brilliant but looked comfortable but if we can keep doing that, I reckon we'll be going up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Anybody know anything much about the Warnock/Grealish altercation after the game? Seems like they had words in the tunnel or something.

Warnock accused Grealish of trying to get Cardiff players booked. Bit rich, as he seems to have sent them out with orders to break Grealish's legs!

• Like 4

I had hoped for a better overall performance and we never really looked like we were going to dominate until they went a man down. 

But then it's not a surprise, literally everytime we got the ball we were fouled. Cardiff totally disrupted our play over and over again with foul play and because the ref let them get away with it we just couldn't get going. 

But even with the number of fouls he ignored there were just so many that he had to take action and it seemed inevitable that at some time they would have a man sent off. 

I cannot recall another match where a) the opponents fouled us so much full stop and b}   the ref let so many fouls go. 

If ref reffed properly they would have been 1 man down much sooner and probably ended up 2 or more players down and we would have won by a country mile. 

Oh well a good result at the end regardless and finally with some clear daylight between us. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

I had hoped for a better overall performance and we never really looked like we were going to dominate until they went a man down. 

But then it's not a surprise, literally everytime we got the ball we were fouled. Cardiff totally disrupted our play over and over again with foul play and because the ref let them get away with it we just couldn't get going. 

But even with the number of fouls he ignored there were just so many that he had to take action and it seemed inevitable that at some time they would have a man sent off. 

I cannot recall another match where a) the opponents fouled us so much full stop and B) the ref let so many fouls go. 

If ref reffed properly they would have been 1 man down much sooner and probably ended up 2 or more players down and we would have won by a country mile. 

Oh well a good result at the end regardless and finally with some clear daylight between us. 

This completely sums up my thoughts on the match, thought we were pretty much in control and stopped from getting into any rhythm by Warncocks spoiling tactics (his prerogative of course) but we did, at worst, a professional job. Grealish motm for me, unplayable at times, but loved seeing him put in a couple of great challenges when he had lost possession. 

Rickie Lambert. What an absolute twonk that guy is.

Was impressed with Hoilett yesterday to be honest, think he caused us a bit of trouble. Every time I see him play he always looks decent, must be a very inconsistent player.

4 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Rickie Lambert. What an absolute twonk that guy is.

Was impressed with Hoilett yesterday to be honest, think he caused us a bit of trouble. Every time I see him play he always looks decent, must be a very inconsistent player.

If it wasn't for Chester being brilliant, Hoilett would have been in behind a couple of times.

• Like 1

On ‎27‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 00:01, MrDuck said:

Warnock accused Grealish of trying to get Cardiff players booked. Bit rich, as he seems to have sent them out with orders to break Grealish's legs!

It was a little bit more aggravated than that. I understand that a 'push' was involved initiated by Warnock and that it should be included in the referee's report. Given the referee's total apathy towards the nazistic or even narcissistic approach to 'fair play' for the entire afternoon up to then, I would be surprised if anything comes of it. The ref's shorts were too high all game, and his tits far too big, almost touching the ground. Womble. Warnock was well beaten today, despite the obvious dirty style persistent holding, pushing fouling that he has coached into his player's tactics for that game. Do one Neil... Flaming do one...

Nice to win a game 3-1... I thought we played well for much of the game - Cardiff coming out of the traps early doors in the first half to an extent that after three minutes, I'm not sure we actually had a meaningful touch of the ball. We rode that storm and found ourselves a goal up once we were settled. Nice to see Albert get on the score sheet. He's had a little bit of stick in this thread so far, but he was in the right place when it counted and gets a free pass this week from me.

I won't dwell too much on Westwood's mistake, which contributed to Hutton being found out of covering position for Lambert's goal. I so badly wanted to deck Lambert... the cheesy, cheating little cock-bandage. Never forgive him for the cheat he did when playing for Southampton against us and that penalty. Even post match, his insidiousness continued as he described it as a 'stone-waller' in his scouse drivel. Womble. Justice served today Lambert. Do one... Flaming do one...

And then Old Codger popped up with a nice ping pong across the box header finish to render us as leaders going into the break - justified lead from where I sat. Again, Cardiff came out of the traps the stronger at the start of the second half, but the BBC website has it wrong. We had the better of the game overall, and we proved we could win a game well, scoring three goals (3 flaming goals!!!!!!!!!!!!) and have dominant possession stats. ;)

Persistent fouling and dirty tricks from Cardiff not withstanding, we prevailed. I did wonder about the Gestede and Gabby subs. But it seemed to help us work through the anticipated backlash from Cardiff. We set out to bypass the midfield late on and it nearly provided more rewards with that Gabby chance. Okay, he missed... but he is still not match fit, and it wasted a few more seconds. He's never going to be a world beater folks... but if he is given a job to do by the gaffer and he is able to do that job, then whilst I might not be so jingoistic of my support towards him these days, I won't be on his back.

Grealish I thought played decent and fully deserved to be awarded at least one decision. He got it, Rudi popped up and scored the penalty. Someone asked why Rudi took it and not the Codg. Well, maybe there was a thought that Cardiff could have done some homework on the Codg. Giving it to Rudi will have scuppered any scouting plans. That's what I like to think anyway.

Honourable mention to Chester who despite looking like the Phantom Of The Opera, played really, really well. Elphick wasn't too bad either when he came on for Baker (for England). My MOTM was the Jedi. A much improved character and player from when we first saw him in our colours. That beard deserves meritous recognition. So that's how I voted.

The referee - he can do one.

Bruce - well, unbeaten now in 7 games. When the hell was the last time we won three on the spin at home?

Leeds will be another tough game, but you know what? I am brimming with confidence just now. And yes, Toon, losing at home to the Blockburn Ravers... We're coming for YOU.

Well done Villa... lovely boys... lovely job... And let's all laugh at Warnock.

• Like 3

Â