• Ayew
    • Kodjia
    • Elphick (Baker 45)
    • Gabby (Ayew 63)
    • Gestede (Adomah 74)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

1st half was very easy on the eye, only messed up by Westwood's error that resulted in a goal. Even though he messed up he didn't go hiding and was very effective in the middle and work rate was great throughout all the team. It only seemed a matter of time before we got 3 and 4.

2nd half we didn't come out at all and on another day 1or 2 of Cardiff's  chances could easily have ended up in the net. I suppose some of that is down to our new found resilience. 

Thoroughly enjoyed the day out and has made we want more which is what it is all about.

Onwards and upwards and in Bruce we trust. Loving it.

3 hours ago, Brumerican said:

James Chester MOTM by   a mile.

This.

I am amazed at how few votes he has had. I thought he was immense this afternoon.

Grealish and Albert both had good games as well.

• Like 1

Struggled to decide who i thought man of the match should go to so many contenders to me the weakest player appeared to be Ayew   as he was constantly robbed of the ball.  Thought the ref must have come on the Cardiff coach he seemed blind to so many Cardiff fouls.    Could not see what happened with the first penalty shout were Gabby got himself carded, looking at the body language of some of the Cardiff players they thought it was a penalty.   

3 hours ago, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

Genuinely the worst referring performance I've ever seen. Their goal seemingly a mile offside *not literally*. We should've had a pen earlier with a clear as day shove. And the persistent fouling was begging for a red earlier. 

But a great result, especially as for a significant portion of the game we didn't play too well. Fair play to Steve Bruce, mangod! 

I think u wanna watch the highlights real if u think Lambert was in an offside position.  Looks to me like at least 3 of our players playing him on.  

But then they didn't expect Westwood to loose it there I'd imagine.

How has Adomah been voted MOTM in this thread?! His first touch was awful and he was absent for the majority of the game bar his goal.

Jedinak, Amavi & Baker were all outstanding once again today.

Poor performance but a comfortable win, on to the next one. Closing that gap!

I am not sure either how Adomah got so many votes. He did well for the goals but he did seem to sttuggle to impact the game to me at other times. Not a terrible performance or anything but I didn't think he was outstanding.

Amavi, however, I thought was sensational. He didn't put a foot wrong, he was assured and confident and was always a step ahead of the opposition mentally. Really impressed with him today.

The Jedi had one of his best games so far as well - I think he has settled and looks really solid.

Anybody know anything much about the Warnock/Grealish altercation after the game? Seems like they had words in the tunnel or something.

Drab game to be honest. Atmosphere was dead, football was average but we took our opportunities. I thought Chester, Baker and Amavi played very well. I would probably go MOM Chester as Baker came off at half-time. I thought Grealish had two good 20 minute spells; one in the first half and the other towards the end of the game. Looked unplayable. Ayew was disappointing and I still cannot make up my mind on him as a team player. Even so, three points and closer to our targets. UTV!   

56 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I am not sure either how Adomah got so many votes. He did well for the goals but he did seem to sttuggle to impact the game to me at other times. Not a terrible performance or anything but I didn't think he was outstanding.

I have looked at the 19 people who voted Adomah and I'd hazard a guess that most of those posters didn't see the game . It's most likely because he scored one and set up another . If I hadn't gone down today I probably would have voted Adomah too. 

Â