Black Friday - Cyber Monday Deals 2016

Kingman

I hope people have been checking previous prices to make sure they're not getting **** by black friday "sales".

My only purchase has been a Lumie alarm clock, I've had my eye on one for a few months waiting for a sale, as waking up in the dark makes me more miserable than normal.

yeah the jeans will be the 3rd pair of the same type that ive bought so i know how much they should be, the suit i went on the designers website and the deal was 55% lower 

both might have been cheaper at different times this year but im ok with what ive paid

I near bit a deal at Vodafone.

They have the Huawei P9 plus W1 smartwatch on a 6GB 'Red' bundle for £24 a month and £30 up front. Went on live chat and they offered me 10% off that... then another 5%. £20.40 a month but I just couldn't bring myself to tie myself to Vodafone for 2 years.

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Well that;s a new Fridge Freezer, Washer/Dryer, Kettle, Hoover, Toaster, Sound System, Amazon Echo bought today.

Been an expensive day. 

PiEFACE you little scamp , me and you were neck and neck re: house moves, needing the same stuff, mine still hasn't gone through yet (still got delays / disputes) but held back just in case..... i saw your post and thought, bastard!

On 11/24/2016 at 13:36, Ingram85 said:

Why do the word removeds do it the week before payday? 

I want the £30 fire tablet but it'll probably be out of stock or back up in price by Monday :(

Its decent for £50 so it you can get it for £30 go for it. Even if you have to borrow the money! 

Yesterday after talking to Vodafone on live chat they reduced the cost of the S7 and 6GB deal from £24 to £19.60 (20% off) I decided I'd go for it. CS rep stayed on chat whilst I went through the ordering process and gave me a unique code to apply the discount to the line rental. Last part... declined as I failed the check check. Can't believe how that could possibly be. (not wishing to brag but I could pay the contract out 20x up front if I wanted).

I don't have any loans or finance apart from mortgage. I signed up to a free credit score site to look for clues. It was all good, credit score over 500 (rated as 'soaring'). There was 1 negative on there I could find... it said I'd applied for credit 'numerous' times in the past year. When I checked this it was twice. Once was when I bought a PAYG phone off Vodafone earlier in the year (no idea why this showed up as an application for credit) and another was when I took advantage of an offer at Very when I got 20% off an Ipad by putting it on their credit account, then paid it in full the next month.

I was worried about getting involved with Vodafone, maybe this is a bullet dodged especially as buying a PAYG handset off them has actually cost them another sale. Bizarre.