The USA

Mantis

44 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

What's the deal with visas regarding entry into the states? 

You need an ESTA which is basically a precheck that your name is not on a no entry list. They can still refuse entry but it's no way without the ESTA. You have to keep them with you through passport control in printed format.

Other than that, no specific visa required. But you will now get a video of Donald Trump welcoming you rather than Brock Bommer.

9 minutes ago, darrenm said:

You need an ESTA which is basically a precheck that your name is not on a no entry list. They can still refuse entry but it's no way without the ESTA. You have to keep them with you through passport control in printed format.

Other than that, no specific visa required. But you will now get a video of Donald Trump welcoming you rather than Brock Bommer.

Criminal record?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Out in Lake Tahoe at the moment, beautiful place, but I couldn't be more unlucky... bloody snow and really high winds in June, means I can't do the things wanted, paddle boarding, white water rafting and zip lining all closed :angry:

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Honeymoon this August is going to consist of Vegas, LA and San Fran and whatever's in between.  Will be stopping in Monterey, can anyone suggest anywhere else?

Are you driving the SF to LA stretch?  The Pacific Coast highway is fantastic with some nice seaside places, think we stayed at Carmel and Cambria from memory.  The only bad thing was this detour we had to go down for some it, by far the most terrifying experience of my life.  Yosemite is doable in a day from SF and there's this big canyon thing quite near Vegas.

The Sierra's are a couple of hours down from Yosemite and well worth a visit too, wine country also. You'll have no problem finding things to do in Cali, cracking state.

Edited by villakram

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Anyone ever spent anytime in Atlanta?

looking at some flights and might have a connecting flight there, wondering if it's worth stretching it out

Yeah I did 24 odd hours there 

we did the civil war panarama thing , an Atlanta braves game , a quick look around where the civil rights movement started (actually our hotel ) and nearly got arrested for trying to go through the Burger King drive through without a car ( think play school and the universal mine for driving a car :) ) 

i think coke have a head office there and a tour and fairly sure there is a giant aquarium there as well and head out of Atlanta and it can be quite posh

we went there on our road trip as my  my mate is a Braves fan so we went to watch a game then headed on to Memphis , not sure we'd have gone there otherwise , but it was ok as a day in the life goes 

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

looking at some flights and might have a connecting flight there, wondering if it's worth stretching it out

Nah, good titty bars tho.

On 28/06/2017 at 09:15, Wainy316 said:

Honeymoon this August is going to consist of Vegas, LA and San Fran and whatever's in between.  Will be stopping in Monterey, can anyone suggest anywhere else?

How about Carmel and Pismo Beach? 

On 6/28/2017 at 04:15, Wainy316 said:

If you have time head up to Wine country north of San Fran. It is only an hour north of the Golden Gate Bridge but traffic can be horrendous there so leave early if you can to avoid it - I also recommend renting a convertible! You can stop in Muir woods on the way if you like (of the recent Planet of the Apes fame.) 

All of the vineyards in wine country have tasting rooms. Usually $10 each for a tasting but talk to the people that work there and you will end up making friends fast. If you buy a bottle the tasting will be free. Head to Healdsburg and Sebastopol which has some of the finest Pinot Noir in the world. Healdsburg in particular has some incredible places to each lunch and dinner. Both towns are situated in the Russian River Valley which is absolutely beautiful. Just buy a peach or an apple from any shop and marvel that it can taste that good! 

Sebastopol used to provide apple sauce and apple juice for most of the planet until they ripped out all of the orchards and started planting vines (my wife is from there and that's where we got married.) If you need more details about which vineyards/restaurants let me know.

On 7/9/2017 at 17:55, villa4europe said:

Fine American Southern barbeque if you're into that sort of thing can be found in Atlanta. If you're in the airport just for a few hours you should eat at "One Flew South." It's consistently voted the best airport restaurant in the world.

• Like 2

Boston tomorrow for me!  First time I've been there since 2009, and looking forward to it.  Only there till Saturday night, and working the whole time except Saturday so not sure what I'll see - although Thursday's work is walking round the shops, so it could be worse!

It'll be my first experience of Virgin Upper Class too.  Interested to see how it stacks up.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Boston tomorrow for me!  First time I've been there since 2009, and looking forward to it.  Only there till Saturday night, and working the whole time except Saturday so not sure what I'll see - although Thursday's work is walking round the shops, so it could be worse!

It'll be my first experience of Virgin Upper Class too.  Interested to see how it stacks up.

Or go to Bunker hill where Jeremy Corbyn lead the US army to second place and yet its proclaimed as an American victory :)

* yes im aware of the full implication of that battle before anyone replies

• Like 1

On 7/17/2017 at 17:13, NurembergVillan said:

Thought you lived in Vancouver NV? or am i off me rocker?

Â