2017 Holiday Plans

Xela

Just got back from Venice. I haven't traveled much, but Kayaking across the Grand Canal will take some beating. Doge's Palace and the Basilica aren't too shabby, either! 

• Like 1

On 11/21/2016 at 11:50, Xela said:

That's some going! :)

Interested to hear what Taiwan is like. Always been on the 'to do' list but never made it there. Always ended up back in Hong Kong instead! 

You must have a decent job for all the time off

All plans gone well soon. 

Nepal in Jan was incredible. Definately somewhere I will return to. Visited Kathmandu, Bandipur, Pokhara (for Annapuna trek) and Bhaktapur. Great people, very cheap and the scenery is mind blowing.

Taiwan, Borneo and Hong Kong in March/April. Went to Hong Kong late March, followed by a small 4 day side trip to Borneo. This was a pre wedding trip before my wedding back in Hong Kong. Then we went to Taiwan for 2 weeks. Landing in Kaoshiung in the South, travelling up towards Taipei. Fantastic street food, and hotpot and grills in the restaurants. Definately some of the best food I have tasted. Very vibrant and exciting cities, but very tiring! Scooters rule out there so hired one to join the mad races on the roads, brilliant fun! Alishan in the centre has some beautiful scenery.

Next up, Madrid next weekend, followed by a 5 day trip to Porto at the end of May.

Going to Athens late June to explore the city, and then 2 weeks of Island hopping in the Cyclade group of islands.

Photos of my trips on my Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/chicovilla/

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
On ‎04‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 12:49, chicovilla said:

All plans gone well soon. 

Nepal in Jan was incredible. Definately somewhere I will return to. Visited Kathmandu, Bandipur, Pokhara (for Annapuna trek) and Bhaktapur. Great people, very cheap and the scenery is mind blowing.

Taiwan, Borneo and Hong Kong in March/April. Went to Hong Kong late March, followed by a small 4 day side trip to Borneo. This was a pre wedding trip before my wedding back in Hong Kong. Then we went to Taiwan for 2 weeks. Landing in Kaoshiung in the South, travelling up towards Taipei. Fantastic street food, and hotpot and grills in the restaurants. Definately some of the best food I have tasted. Very vibrant and exciting cities, but very tiring! Scooters rule out there so hired one to join the mad races on the roads, brilliant fun! Alishan in the centre has some beautiful scenery.

Next up, Madrid next weekend, followed by a 5 day trip to Porto at the end of May.

Going to Athens late June to explore the city, and then 2 weeks of Island hopping in the Cyclade group of islands.

Photos of my trips on my Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/chicovilla/

some amazing shots in that lot .. think I'm about to drag all my holiday snaps into the waste bin in shame 

My last 12 months of holidays:

Oct 16 - Barcelona

Dec 16 - Lanzarote

Feb 17 - Iceland

Mar 17 - Malta

Apr 17 - Somerset

May 17 - Crete

Aug 17 - Belgium & Denmark

Sep 17 - Norway & Sweden and separately to Croatia (to come)

Been a good year!

Edited by ender4
forgot i'm going sailing in Croatia in 2 weeks time
  • Like 1

On ‎21‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 11:11, tonyh29 said:

Kids have got to that age where they don't want to spend 3 weeks in Hungary with Mrs H in the summer so I can't get away with my annual summer jaunt any more , good run whilst it lasted , but now it will be sedate beach type holidays with the family

saying that I'm hoping to go to Turkmenistan at some point in 2017 ,looks an interesting place

and looks Like I may be going to South Africa for work next year so I'll see if I can sneak a short 4 or 5 day visit to Madagascar whilst I'm there :)

2017 has kinda sucked for me in terms of new countries

did Bosnia at Easter  and Belfast  in May was a new one I suppose as I'd never been to NI before 

Went to Germany , Prague and Austria with my son but none of them were new

off to Moldova in Sept for a lads do .. will be 2 new countries if VT joins Russia and officially recognises Transnistria

but as I usually hit around 8 new countries a year this one has been a bit quiet

The SA work came off but so far I haven't needed to attend  ..it's like a conspiracy to keep me at home

• Like 1

Where about did you go?

ive got Munich and Salzburg lined up for December, Salzburg for NYE, thinking of doing a ball

also thinking of flying in to dubrovnik about this time next year, renting a car, looping round Mostar in Bosnia and some place I can't remember on the coast of Montenegro 

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Where about did you go?

ive got Munich and Salzburg lined up for December, Salzburg for NYE, thinking of doing a ball

also thinking of flying in to dubrovnik about this time next year, renting a car, looping round Mostar in Bosnia and some place I can't remember on the coast of Montenegro 

I was in Berlin this time

I've done Munich ... if you have a car you can detour(ish)around neuschwanstein and eagles nest on your way to Salzburg nice route

Mostar gets a good rep but It seemed a bit out the way from where I was in Sarajevo just to see a bridge ... I did a day trip to Tito's bunker instead  ... some lovely scenery on the way ....Sarajevo is very interesting if you can get up that far you'll possibly enjoy it more than Mostar 

Tivat or Kotor is probably the place on the beach in Montenegro you are thinking of ?

check you can take the car across all those borders though seem to recall there are limitations 

every day I look on Facebook for the past month or see I see pictures from a friend who is currently in dubrovnik it must be the most popular destination on the planet right about now !!!

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Ibiza is booked for June, and we booked a villa in Croatia today for in august. There is about 20 odd going to Croatia. 

We went to Ibiza this summer with our 2 yo.  First family holiday.  Where are you going to be staying?

Same question for Croatia!  I went about 15 years ago, and would love to go again.

13 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

We went to Ibiza this summer with our 2 yo.  First family holiday.  Where are you going to be staying?

Same question for Croatia!  I went about 15 years ago, and would love to go again.

It's just outside of split, regarding Croatia. 

Playa Es Figueral is the resort in Ibiza we are going to. 

• Like 1

Â