2017 Holiday Plans

Xela

14 hours ago, NottingVilla said:

Damascus for 2 weeks, fancy a change from Spain every year. Anyone recommend some good nightlife spots? 

there are a few cafe's and restaurants scattered about he place where you can get a beer and enjoy the vibe ... locals tended to ignore us and keep themselves to themselves but a few would ask where we were from and have a little chat .

the 5 star hotels are where you're more likely to get your debauchery type stuff going on all hours

11 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

This may be me being super ignorant but is Syria really the place to be headed right now?

I assumed that was the Joke  .... probably wasn't expecting that someone on here had actually been there :)

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Xela said:

Anyone spent a weekend in Bucharest? 

Aye

i enjoyed it the  chauchescu building is a must see but prebook before you go as you can't always get in

few buildings , churches , park areas and what not 

nice bar area including a church that has been converted into bar / restaurant and it sells my favourite food " Pork Knuckle" (not a euphemism )

Weekend is about right unless you decide to venture out to Dracula territory. 

Ok ok ok I've made you wait long enough ... the women look fantastic , happy now ? 

• Like 1

First one booked in, two weeks in LA in March thanks to Air New Zealand's cyber Monday deals. Gutted I just found out the Griffith Park marathon is the week before we go though!

Haven't planned anything yet so if anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears. Hoping to spend a few days in wine country and maybe squeeze in a Grand Canyon trip.

• 1 month later...

I need somewhere wintery for a honeymoon between Christmas and new year, wanted to do Iceland but it's a mixture of shit flights and inflated prices, now thinking fly in to Munich, travel in to Bavaria somewhere and go to that castle I can't spell, anyone done that before? Or got any other ideas? Looked at a Norwegian cruise with a deal that was see the northern lights or get a free week long cruise but I'm not convinced the lights will compensate for what will be about 20 hours a day in the dark on a boat 

11 hours ago, Hornso said:

Heading to Fiji in May B)

if you are a scuba diver then check out Aqua trek on the web    .. got me a dive with a tiger shark , amongst dozens of other sharks :)

the zip lining excursion we did there was pretty cool as well   -

Pacific harbour was the area they were both in if I recall

• Like 1

On 11/21/2016 at 10:43, StefanAVFC said:

Want to do a city break in Feb. Thinking Bratislava or Prague. Will drive :)

Was going Gran Canaria but can't justify the flight cost + 6 hours on Ryanair.

Then got Majorca planned for the summer with Sweden probably jammed in somewhere in the spring!

So this changed, GC is happening now in Feb (got return flights for £105!), Spring Break will probably happen (Maybe Budapest) and Majorca in the summer is a go!

Will squeeze in a couple of city breaks to various cities too. Got my eye on Krakow again and Gdansk/Sopot/Gydnia.

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Spring Break will probably happen (Maybe Budapest)

depending on when you're defining Spring Break it can still be quite cold in Budapest in March / early April

I was there last year for Easter ( end march) and we had snow  , few years previous and Easter was early April and I fell asleep in the back garden and got badly sunburnt !!  so it's very hit and miss

it's a biting cold in Budapest so if you can delay a few weeks / months and you'll probably enjoy it a whole lot more

Seville, Lagos and Porto for my son and I on our annual road trip. He's eight and my favourite travel buddy! We're doing a surfing / paddleboard camp on the Portugese coast - cant wait!

Then Mexico, Guatemala and El Salvador for a few weeks. If anyone has done El Salvador, (maybe the travel don @tonyh29?) I'd very much appreciate any advice!

Edited by Don_Simon

Alas , Central America is rather void on my travel map ,only been to Panama , (which is a fantastic place )

I had a trip around that region all planned but my 2 travel mates weren't keen so it never took off ... 

ill get there at some point I'm sure :) 

Edited by tonyh29

• 3 months later...
On 12/04/2017 at 16:27, SteveMac said:

Thinking of going to Portugal for a week....any tips of where to stay, would like to see Lisbon obviously, but would you do that for a whole week?

If you stayed out towards Cascais and combined some beach time with the trip it'd be great. Lisbon less than an hour on the train for city stuff and all it has to offer too. Great city.

Â