The VT Christmas 2016 thread

Xela

I don't think its too early? I became festive on Friday... the Christmas lights were turned on in Edgbaston, so i saw that from my work window. The German Market is up and running and I heard my first Xmas song on the radio driving home on Friday. Winter's Tale by David Essex btw

So, what we all got planned? Staying at home? Visiting relatives? On holiday? (Tony, i'm looking at you)

I shall be round my parents again, as usual. I do like this time of the year. Not for Christmas itself, but everyone seems far more social and friendly. Loads of parties to go to! On the flip side, it can be the worst time of the year to be single.

I'll be working until Christmas Eve and between Christmas and New Year, but I don't mind as the office is quiet and the roads are quiet! 

• Like 2

my other half is swedish, which makes this an expensive year - her dad moved from stockholm to right up in the north of the country recently so we'll be up right in northern sweden for a week or so over christmas, popping into the arctic circle on xmas day, so dammit I will getting the white christmas. But once we get back on the 27th / 8th it's an immediate turnaround up to my folks for new years. Then travel back and back to work on the same day on the 2nd!! Definitely not doing that next year, but it should still be fun

1 hour ago, limpid said:

I'm going to close VT for Christmas just so that you all have to talk to real people.

I always suspected you were A.I.

Edited by maqroll

You can't leave Christmas until December, that's when it becomes stressful, thinking of what to get people and what not.  Xmas has to start as soon as Bonfire night is finished (not decorating or anything).

My wife is an organisational wizard, I cannot keep up with her.  We've already bought all of the kids we buy for (2 neices, Our son, and about 7 or 8 of our friends children) and the presents are all on the dining room table, ready to be wrapped.  We got it all from Smyth's and I was annoyed buy the guy at the till saying "If you'd have come in 2 days ago, you'd have got £20 off every hundred pounds you've spend" - thanks mate :mellow::( 

I've started buying my wifes already, and know what I'm getting her this year (it's her 30th on Boxing day), so we can't dump all our money in Dec, we need Nov to help out :) 

We'll be done by next weekend, then the wrapping will happen. 

Tree hunting on the 10th Dec.  Finish work for 2016 on the 13th of Dec. 

On top of that, we've decorated our dining room and living room and dropped the best part of £2000 on that alone.. Spending money like I've never done and it's both good and scary.  It'll take a while to replace! :) 

Merry Christmas all.

• Like 2

Â