Fan meeting with Steve Round

OutByEaster?

On 26/11/2016 at 12:26, markavfc40 said:

Nice to hear things like Ian Atkins is a Villa fan... 

He hid it very well during his 2 playing spells on the dark side of the city and no doubt living in Sheldon and having attended Sheldon Heath School he would also have been outnumbered by knuckle-draggers in the playground. I doubt Tony Coton is a Villa fan though.;) 

Its nice to have people employed at the club who have Villa connections but what matters most is how well they along with other appointments perform in their role and as a result help our club progress. Steve Bruce has shown already he was the best man for the job and I look forward to our other new boys doing the same.

Some really positive answers from Steve Round and many thanks for posting these in such detail Scott.      

• Like 2

18 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Wasn't that with England? 

I've read that Paul Gascoigne thinks he's the funniest bloke he's ever met and having met Gazza myself I can safely say that's high praise. 

I like what we're doing here. Harrison is another Villa man who understands the fabric of the club. Combined with Taylor and Little having some influence at a high level, it's beginning to feel like Aston Villa again. I know that's not worth a shit on paper, but I'm a sucker for those intangibles. 

I think it means a lot in many ways.....no ego's, everyone a villa fan etc.

its these kind of things that are hard to explain the need for, but it massages everything that the club has been all the values.....its like the family is back,as opposed to a bunch of strangers who mean well.

also when a bunch of coaches all have a feeling for the club, that inevitably rubs off on to the players.....and drowns any bit of negativity that may have well surfaced at any given time...the momentum now is positivity and I suspect everyone at the club is buying in.

its like the love is back.....I'm getting all sentimental in my old age.

:wub:

Edited by TRO

Â