Fan meeting with Steve Round

OutByEaster?

can they confirm the preseason plans because if its hong kong and china i need to start my point scoring with the missus now

the clubs safe standing thoughts

linked to that, i personally felt that the worst thing about lerner's ownership was that we lost our relevance in english football, i think we can and should increase our standing off the pitch while we're struggling off it, we were the club attached when the media talked about safe standing, it was us with the charity on the shirt, i dont know what the answer or the project is but can the club find something that makes everyone else take notice and say "i wish my club was doing that" 

as a new owner he gets the first year off FFP

then if you look at it properly and guess the whole squad had a 10-20% reduction in wages due to relegation (say £10m ?), the net spend this summer was around £30m, the thing is though we sold or loaned out players who would have been high earners, sinclair out adomah in is probably worth about £2m a year to us, theres maybe as much as a £10m a year swing in wages, so overall i think our spree in the summer is only actually worth say £10m

either way we will be fine with the rules

34 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

as a new owner he gets the first year off FFP

No he doesn't. The rules are massively long, hence I won't quote them to show an absence of that "get off", but if you want to google them, "efl global appendix5" is the search term to find them

• Like 1

1) What does your job title make you responsible for?

2) Does ffp effect us this season? If so, to what degree will it limit our spending/wages paid and/or Loan wages

3) if we dont get promoted, will Bruce stay on?

4) How will ffp effect us next season in PL (hopefully) or EFL?

5) Does he think Tim "C-unit" Sherwoods guaranteed imminent success at Swindon as DoF/Manager/Coach/Youth Developement Officer and Media Pundit will cause him concerns for his position at AVFC?

Are there any estimates regarding the budget for the planned redevelopment of villa park? i.e. will it be a small scale touch up, a medium scale stand rebuild or a large scale full stadium rebuild complete with fire breathing chinese themed gargoyles on the roofs of all the stands?

I understand if this is outside of Steve's remit at the club and he can't answer.

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Thanks for that mate. Was there no talk about financial fair play.?

It was mentioned - he said we were fine this season, most likely fine next season if not promoted and would have no problem in the Premier League.

• Like 4

Thanks for taking the time to write that up Scott.

It is very impressive how many roles he has filled in such a short space of time and the level of people he seems to have attracted to those positions. It also gives a big insight into how the club has been neglected in certain areas for so long especially the youth set up. The fact we have no chief scout in the 10 - 16 age range is shocking and certainly we will have to wait a number of years before that is rectified in terms of the level and amount of players we will bring through into the first team. Lerners legacy.

Nice to hear things like Ian Atkins is a Villa fan and that Steve Harrison who was a good coach and a real character under Graham Taylor is back involved. I think it is always nice to have people involved at a club who have a genuine affinity and connection to it and know what the club is all about and what it is capable of achieving so long as they have the ability as well.

Fair play to Steve Round. He seems to have done more in a few months than many before him did in years.

Edited by markavfc40

6 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

.The fact we have no chief scout in the 10 - 16 age range is shocking and certainly we will have to wait a number of years before that is rectified in terms of the level and amount of players we will bring through into the first team. Lerners legacy.

Not no Chief Scout - no scout targeting this age group at all. It was mentioned in the meeting that last season Everton had more scouts in Birmingham than we did. Round is fixing that. Quickly.

I'm buzzing reading that, it seems like he knows his stuff and we finally have a professional team of football people all pulling in the same direction. Very reassuring to read about the improvement of the scouting system and great to see we are utilising the technology/data available but not solely relying on it. 

Lastly, thank the lord we now have a sports psychologist on board. We've suffered from a poor mentality for so long now, and that really needed to be rectified. 

All very reassuring stuff! Thanks for posting @OutByEaster?

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Not no Chief Scout - no scout targeting this age group at all. It was mentioned in the meeting that last season Everton had more scouts in Birmingham than we did. Round is fixing that. Quickly.

Just how does that happen and how incompetent must those at the club previously have been. You can't believe that would happen at any professional club let alone one competing in the richest league in the world.

The more you find out about the way the club was run under Lerner the more you begin to realise that the problems ran way deeper than the first team.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Thanks for putting all this up OBE.

On the above: we never had a scout in the 10-16 group, yet we always did well in the next generation competition and whatnot. I guess it was never considered necessary to look at youngsters at such an early age. I wouldn't put it down to incompetence.

And I'm not sure what the point about Everton actually means. What relevance specifically are they? Maybe we had less scouts than them but more than, say, United or various other random clubs. Whilst it's nice we'll look closer to home, the really big clubs have extensive scouting networks across the world, particularly in Europe. I'd be interested to know how ours will compare given we've got ambitions to be one of the world's top three clubs. 

Still - it's good they're looking at a different approach than the last lot and seemingly doing it efficiently. 

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe

Â