FIFA

sidcow

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

he's played a blinder there, nobody had that on the bullshit bingo card

Next week: Infantino suggests a penalty shoot out at the World Club Cup between Putin and Biden for control of Ukraine

• Haha 2

• 5 weeks later...

Polish FA coming out with a statement that they refuse to play Russia in the WC qualifier next month and are urging Sweden and Czechia to do the same. Hope we follow suit.

Ball in your court FIFA.

• Like 1

Following the initial decisions adopted by the FIFA Council and the UEFA Executive Committee, which envisaged the adoption of additional measures, FIFA and UEFA have today decided together that all Russian teams, whether national representative teams or club teams, shall be suspended from participation in both FIFA and UEFA competitions until further notice.

These decisions were adopted today by the Bureau of the FIFA Council and the Executive Committee of UEFA, respectively the highest decision-making bodies of both institutions on such urgent matters.

Football is fully united here and in full solidarity with all the people affected in Ukraine. Both Presidents hope that the situation in Ukraine will improve significantly and rapidly so that football can again be a vector for unity and peace amongst people.

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/mediaservices/mediareleases/news/0272-148df1faf082-6e50b5ea1f84-1000--fifa-uefa-suspend-russian-clubs-and-national-teams-from-all-com/

• Like 1

If you ever wanted to know how the wind is blowing. You know it's bad when even Sepp Blatter is trying to distance himself from you.

Sepp Blatter was a friend and confidant of Vladimir Putin. Now the ex-Fifa boss is turning his eyes away from the Russian President: "When I look at this man, Putin, on TV, this is no longer the same man."

When Russia was awarded the World Cup on December 2, 2010, Putin flew from Karlsberg to Zurich and gave a speech. From then on, our relationship was very friendly and cordial." Since then and throughout the years, the two have maintained a close relationship.

Blatter turns away from him

But now, after Russia's attack on Ukraine, the former Fifa president is breaking with Putin. Blatter says to Blick: “If I look at the current situation – and look at this man Putin on television on different channels, this is no longer the same man. I see a person who apparently no longer knows what he is doing and who has unleashed a completely pointless war

https://www.blick.ch/sport/fussball/ex-fifa-boss-sepp-blatter-wendet-sich-von-seinem-kumpel-ab-putin-weiss-nicht-mehr-was-er-tut-id17280379.html

No Sepp he's still very much the same man he's always been, and so are you.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Sounds about what I expect from FIFA

Long and disturbing read.

For two decades players, referees and employees of the Haitian football federation were forced to have sex with visiting football officials. One of the visitors who accepted this “gift”, was the then Fifa president Sepp Blatter.

By Romain Molina

For almost two decades, leading officials at the Haitian football association (FHF) built a vast network of sexual exploitation. This included rape of teenage girls and boys, abortions, blackmail and death threats. According to Haitian court documents in Josimar’s possession, at least one victim has committed suicide.

The Fifa Goal Centre of La-Croix-des-Bouquets was like “hell on earth” according to victims. Concacaf or Fifa delegations visiting Haiti to attend refereeing courses or to inspect the progress of the Fifa Goal Centre were offered a player, a referee or an employee to have sex with. Some of football’s most senior officials, including Sepp Blatter, took advantage of this system.

“You came to Haiti, you received a girl from the federation at your hotel. This is how it worked,” says the former captain of the national team and president of the players’ union, Ernso Laurence. He is one of the few who has spoken publicly about what went on inside FHF.

”I’ve been fighting against former president (Yves Jean-Bart) and his corrupt administration since 2007. I’ve spoken about all kinds of abuses, including the sexual ones.“

http://josimarfootball.com/hell-on-earth/#.YoZfswNNFtw.twitter

• Sad 1

Â