The retro gaming thread!

BOF

AmazonUK limiting it to one per customer now and are reducing existing orders of more than one console. Good news for consumers and a big middle finger to scalpers it seems. Either that or they aren't getting the amount of stock they were hoping for?

39 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

AmazonUK limiting it to one per customer now and are reducing existing orders of more than one console. Good news for consumers and a big middle finger to scalpers it seems. Either that or they aren't getting the amount of stock they were hoping for?

It seems Amazon are cancelling a lot of the original orders that were priced at £79.99. I am presuming this is because the SKU wasn't set up properly in the rush to get it on the website.

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

So what happens people that ordered more than one their orders are getting cancelled?

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So what happens people that ordered more than one their orders are getting cancelled?

Eurogamer reported that they will now only receive one console

Good move ultimately. Yes there may be a few disgruntled legit customers getting an order or two cancelled, but the vast majority with 2-3+ consoles on order are selling them on. Amazon are pro-actively doing something because they know eBay won't.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Good move ultimately. Yes there may be a few disgruntled legit customers getting an order or two cancelled, but the vast majority with 2-3+ consoles on order are selling them on. Amazon are pro-actively doing something because they know eBay won't.  

I'd agree.

The number of people legitimately effected by the move will be tiny in comparison to the number of people missing out if they let it happen.

It should happen more often.

• Like 1

Finally bloody ordered one!!! noticed while I was on tesco they had more come in today and ordered one :)

EDIT tesco must have loads as half hour later still in stock, anyone who wants one go tesco 

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 2

GAME UK STORES WITH SNES MINI PRE-ORDER STOCK AVAILABLE
• GAME Gloucester
• GAME Burton On Trent
• GAME Wellingborough
• GAME Aberdeen
• GAME Ilford
• GAME Camden Town
• GAME Northfield
• GAME Haywards Heath
• GAME Cheshire Oaks
• GAME Morecambe
• GAME Scarborough
• GAME Eltham
• GAME Accrington
• GAME Camberley
• GAME Harrogate
• GAME Hull Superstore
• GAME Croydon
• GAME Westwood Cross
• GAME Glasgow Union Street
• GAME Bolton
• GAME Workington
• GAME Edinburgh Ocean Terminal

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, jim said:

• GAME Gloucester
• GAME Burton On Trent
• GAME Wellingborough
• GAME Aberdeen
• GAME Ilford
• GAME Camden Town
• GAME Northfield
• GAME Haywards Heath
• GAME Cheshire Oaks
• GAME Morecambe
• GAME Scarborough
• GAME Eltham
• GAME Accrington
• GAME Camberley
• GAME Harrogate
• GAME Hull Superstore
• GAME Croydon
• GAME Westwood Cross
• GAME Bolton
• GAME Workington

I read that ebay have started removing the pre ordering rip off merchants. Am absolutely delighted about this. But people will just put them back on when they are out. Just be great if the people who brought 10 of them are lumbered with them as there is low demand/or enough to go around

51 minutes ago, jim said:

• GAME Gloucester
• GAME Burton On Trent
• GAME Wellingborough
• GAME Aberdeen
• GAME Ilford
• GAME Camden Town
• GAME Northfield
• GAME Haywards Heath
• GAME Cheshire Oaks
• GAME Morecambe
• GAME Scarborough
• GAME Eltham
• GAME Accrington
• GAME Camberley
• GAME Harrogate
• GAME Hull Superstore
• GAME Croydon
• GAME Westwood Cross
• GAME Bolton
• GAME Workington

Just pre-ordered mine from Cribbs Causeway in Bristol. They have 77 left. :-)

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I read that ebay have started removing the pre ordering rip off merchants. Am absolutely delighted about this. But people will just put them back on when they are out. Just be great if the people who brought 10 of them are lumbered with them as there is low demand/or enough to go around

I agree, it's absolutely ridiculous that they can sell pre orders without having the product in hand.

'Snezz'.

Only other acceptable names are 'Super Nintendo' if you're a Yank or Super Famicom if your specifically referring to the Japanese version. Perhaps Ess Enn Ee Ess.

I've never heard anyone call it an 'S-Nes'. Ever.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

'Snezz'.

Only other acceptable names are 'Super Nintendo' if you're a Yank or Super Famicom if your specifically referring to the Japanese version. Perhaps Ess Enn Ee Ess.

I've never heard anyone call it an 'S-Nes'. Ever.

Absolutely snez. Nothing else valid.

Â