The retro gaming thread!

BOF

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Tried to order off argos its bloody sold out on there and very alreafy. Jeezus crazy how in demand these things are

Don't give up, there's talk of a 2 stage pre-order thingy with more being released soon....

1 minute ago, wazzap24 said:

Don't give up, there's talk of a 2 stage pre-order thingy with more being released soon....

Hope so mate, really irritates me I have missed out why you have some cretin selling the pre order at £300  :angry:

On 29/06/2017 at 13:40, Demitri_C said:

Hope so mate, really irritates me I have missed out why you have some cretin selling the pre order at £300  :angry:

Yep it's word removed ish behaviour of the highest order. 

I Thought Argos would be a good bet for you, but it seems people are more switched on to it after the last time....

• Like 1

On 29/06/2017 at 13:44, wazzap24 said:

Yep it's word removed ish behaviour of the highest order. 

I Thought Argos would be a good bet for you, but it seems people are more switched on to it after the last time....

Yeah tried Argos all that happens is it just has a loading circle and nothing happens after that which I assume means sold out there as well.

Unfortunately I would say a load of these people are only in on it to make a profit for themselves not for the actual fun of owning the snes classic which for me was my favourite console growing up 

• Like 1

Sorry :mellow:

Yeah tried Argos all that happens is it just has a loading circle and nothing happens after that which I assume means sold out there as well.

Unfortunately I would say a load of these people are only in on it to make a profit for themselves not for the actual fun of owning the snes classic which for me was my favourite console growing up 

If you don't get one, you can have my GAME pre-order I was going to cancel as it's currently a higher price than Amazon.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Cheers mate that would be great 

No worries, just let me know if you do get one and I'll cancel it. 

I *did something really naughty that I will not mention here* and played a bunch of these games on my laptop last night. I had really good fun with Mario Kart, winning the Mushroom Cup, then jumped to FFIII to hear Kefka's cackle, then over to Kirby where I spat apples at a tree, then finally on to Zelda which I actually never played, but it reminded me a lot of Link's Awakening on the Gameboy, but better. It was a few hours well spent...and convinced me that I absolutely do not need one of these, so I won't be caving in and ordering one.

28 minutes ago, hogso said:

then finally on to Zelda which I actually never played, but it reminded me a lot of Link's Awakening on the Gameboy, but better. 

it is and it is, wont spoil it for you but theres a bit of a twist in the middle which makes it even better, its still the zelda game for me

same with metroid and super mario world

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

it is and it is, wont spoil it for you but theres a bit of a twist in the middle which makes it even better, its still the zelda game for me

same with metroid and super mario world

My first real adventure game. Truly amazing.

I assume you mean

the dark world

?

I always used to set my name as 'you clearing in the woods' so the villagers and others would say 'oh hello you clearing in the woods'

• Like 1

LTTP is still behind the absolute pinnacle of gaming that is OoT, but it's a superb game. SNES classic would be almost worth it just for that if you've never played it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

No real point in the SNES classic when you can just download an emulator. 

Your right of course as i have this emulator with all snes n64 nes sega gameboy atari etc on my modded xbox

I think irs more that people are just trying to make a easy profit

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

To play it with the original controllers on a tv in HD. I know you can technically do that with an emulator, but it's too many components and a hassle. $80 for the whole integrated experience? Worth it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Hence the "almost" in my post.

I have a SNES emulator on my phone and can play it through my TV with a Chromecast and a PS4 controller.

• Like 1

Â