The retro gaming thread!

BOF

The question I asked myself before deleting it from my basket was "do I want to pay £80 to play a stingy amount of 21 games that are nearly as old as me, probably haven't held up that well and of those 21 I'd only play about 5 and I can get them 'cheaper' from 'elsewhere'. No I dont". 

41 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Ordered one :)

If it wasn't for the sold out buzz earlier I probably wouldn't have.

Well played, Nindy

Where did order darren? Online its sold out eveywhere. Did you go to a store?

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Where did order darren? Online its sold out eveywhere. Did you go to a store?

Nintendo.co.uk mate. Looks like they sold out on there now.

27 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Bloody hell darren you must have been super quick sold out on there within 10 mins!

I signed up for the notification on the site. It popped in my inbox and I fired :-)

3 hours ago, darrenm said:

Ordered one :)

If it wasn't for the sold out buzz earlier I probably wouldn't have.

Well played, Nindy

Same. 

I couldn't have cared less about the NES last year, but have been totally caught up in the hype this time around.

Managed to get a couple of orders in, NUK and Amazon when they re opened orders for all of 10 minutes.

I imagine more will become available in the coming months. Same thing happened with Switch. OOS initially but come launch it was pretty easy to get hold of one, just Nintendo doing their usual creating demand by whipping everyone up into a frenzy trick. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

Some lovely opportunistic dicks are already selling their pre-orders on Ebay for £180. Should be banned.

Yep arseholes selling for £100 more than the price. Should be banned as blatantly trying to rip people off. I hope it backfires on them spectacularly 

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I absolutely despise resellers of all types.

Yeah this should be banned on ebay. I personally think Ninentdo will make a lot of these and these people buying loads of them are going to be stuck with them. 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah this should be banned on ebay. I personally think Ninentdo will make a lot of these and these people buying loads of them are going to be stuck with them. 

Nintendo will have learned from the NES Mini, but as with all Nintendo products the SNES Mini will likely be off shelves long enough to cause people to panic buy on eBay. It's unfortunately something that has plagued almost every Nintendo console release since the Wii. I don't know who Nintendo go with for manufacturing, or if the scarcity is deliberate, but something needs to change at Nintendo or this will keep happening. 

31 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Nintendo will have learned from the NES Mini, but as with all Nintendo products the SNES Mini will likely be off shelves long enough to cause people to panic buy on eBay. It's unfortunately something that has plagued almost every Nintendo console release since the Wii. I don't know who Nintendo go with for manufacturing, or if the scarcity is deliberate, but something needs to change at Nintendo or this will keep happening. 

You are absolutely right, their marketing and manufacturing policy is so poor

Here's the Japanese exclusive games;

Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem
The Legend of the Mystical Ninja -Ganbare Goemon: Yukihime Kyushutsu Emaki-
Tetris Attack -Panel de Pon-
Super Soccer -Super Formation Soccer-
Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers

Maybe not the footie game Dem wanted, but there is one on that version at least, and Fire Emblem is a nice inclusion too. The 'Western' exclusives are Earthbound, Kirby's Dream Course, Super Castlevania IV, Super Punch-Out!! and Super Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting. Ours are much better, and taking in to account the fact we get the PAL version of the console, not the NTSC one (which is an abomination and surely a strong contender for worst looking console ever), we probably get the best console overall.

2 hours ago, hogso said:

Ours are much better, and taking in to account the fact we get the PAL version of the console, not the NTSC one (which is an abomination and surely a strong contender for worst looking console ever), we probably get the best console overall.

The US Snes/Famicom is a horrible looking thing but the games ran far better than the PAL versions.

Smooth 60hz fullscreen games rather than the bordered/letterboxed 50hz crap you got over here.

If you get the US roms on the PAL console it will be fine.

Don't forget that if you are buying one, like many nintendo products now they do not actually come with a plug/power supply so you may wish to buy one although you can power it via a usb (or just use a phone usb charger)

3 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

The US Snes/Famicom is a horrible looking thing but the games ran far better than the PAL versions.

Smooth 60hz fullscreen games rather than the bordered/letterboxed 50hz crap you got over here.

Oh yes, I remember the pain of trying and failing to get NTSC games running on my original chipped PS1 :D

There's no doubt it'll be the proper versions running on this. 

Â