The retro gaming thread!

BOF

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

They've discontinued the nes classic console, they kind of said they didn't have a clue about the demand, hopefully some news about the snes one before Christmas and hey won't have the same problem

Really. I mightt sell mine I'm bored of it.

Mate check out the retro freak if your interested in a snes classic as this looks great

You've still got to buy the cartridges, I was in cex in the week looking st super metroid in the box for £125 that's me out I ain't doing it

i would smash a snes clsssic, super mario bros, link to the past, super metroid that trio imo is worth £100 all day every day, said in May a thread Nintendo to me are 2d games, their 3D games are inferior, link to the last is the best Zelda game

snes classic would outsell the switch 2:1 sweardown straight up 

SNES classic would be excellent. Link to the Past and Super Metroid are still fantastic. If one is released I just hope that, if one is released, we can get some of the best RPG's on it too with Secret of Mana, Secret of Evermore, Earthbound and, of course, Chrono Trigger.

On 15/04/2017 at 00:15, villa4europe said:

You've still got to buy the cartridges, I was in cex in the week looking st super metroid in the box for £125 that's me out I ain't doing it

It also runs roms from an SD card if you're that way inclined.

There is lso a rather nice handheld (GPD XD) that looks like a 3ds that does the same & will play everything upto & including dreamcast/ps1 stuff

just have a look on funstock if you want more info

On 4/14/2017 at 15:34, villa4europe said:

They've discontinued the nes classic console, they kind of said they didn't have a clue about the demand, hopefully some news about the snes one before Christmas and hey won't have the same problem

I'm not sure why anyone would give a **** about a shitty NES. Really was obvious at the time that they should have been making a SNES instead given it has infinitely better games.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

They played this on Go 8 Bit this week

Aztec_challenge.jpg

Brutal, this must have induced many nightmares at the time. Too retro for me to have ever played it though, having been released about 10 years before I started gaming.

6 minutes ago, hogso said:

They played this on Go 8 Bit this week

Aztec_challenge.jpg

Brutal, this must have induced many nightmares at the time. Too retro for me to have ever played it though, having been released about 10 years before I started gaming.

I used to love that game :D

On 8 June 2017 at 08:35, Demitri_C said:

I just purchased a retro xbox from ebay has all the classics nes, snes, megadrive, n64 etc. Just waiting for it to arrive cant wait :)

It's come omg this is probably the best £70 I have spent. It's bloody fantastic 

• 3 weeks later...

SNES mini is up for pre-order for £70-£80. 

£70 at Smyth's and £80 at Game. 21 Games, most of the classics but still a couple missing for me. Most glaringly its missing Chrono Trigger but it does come with the previously unreleased Star Fox 2. Not sure if its worth it at £70-80 but its up for pre order nonetheless. 

24 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

SNES mini is up for pre-order for £70-£80. 

£70 at Smyth's and £80 at Game. 21 Games, most of the classics but still a couple missing for me. Most glaringly its missing Chrono Trigger but it does come with the previously unreleased Star Fox 2. Not sure if its worth it at £70-80 but its up for pre order nonetheless. 

I'm surprised this has been fairly low key first I've heard of this. Have to say that's pretty lame only 30 games on it.

better off ordering a modded xbox with every old school console. It's same sort of price and mines superb.

I think it will be, I'll get 20+ hours out of super Mario world and Zelda, will smash metroid, never played super castlevania, secret of mana, FF3 or earthbound

agree it's a massive shame about chrono trigger, seemed a more obvious inclusion than star fox 2

meant to be making significantly more units too

I just about managed to grab an Amazon UK pre-order before they shut it down. 

I pre-ordered the last one from Argos, this one isn't listed yet, but might be worth keeping your eye out. I assume some places might not have put them up yet. 

Edited by wazzap24

57 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I'm surprised this has been fairly low key first I've heard of this. Have to say that's pretty lame only 30 games on it.

better off ordering a modded xbox with every old school console. It's same sort of price and mines superb.

21 games isn't it?

38 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

I just about managed to grab an Amazon UK pre-order before they shut it down. 

I pre-ordered the last one from Argos, this one isn't listed yet, but might be worth keeping your eye out. I assume some places might not have put them up yet. 

You can't order it anywhere I've looked out of stock already. I think this is going to double the sales of genes classic

22 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

21 games isn't it?

I thought the box said 30 games.  The snes had hundreds of games to onky have 21 to 30 is pretty poor I feel

Â