The retro gaming thread!

BOF

Mentioning the GBA Micro, rumour has it Nintendo will release a 'Gameboy Classic Mini', which presumably would look pretty similar (as I don't think you can make something much smaller that remains usable).

Hopefully if true they don't penny and dime things and string it out into Gameboy/Gameboy Color only with an Advance version later. Shove in the Advance titles and you'd easily have a fantastic library to work with.

• 3 weeks later...

Retro Gaming Box

Regular price £179.99 GBP £129.99 GBP Sale

Quantity

SAVE £50 - Offer ends SOON

Retro gaming never got better with this all in 1 console!

Pre loaded with over 5500 classic games from the likes of N64, Mega drive, SNES, NES, Master System, Neo Geo, Commodore 64 and much more!

No internet needed and is plug and play

Comes with

2 x SNES Replica controllers 

Custom retro console and all leads

32gb main brand MicroSD card

All games pre loaded and plug and play

Instructions on how to add any other games you wish for free

Emulators Include

Nes

Snes

N64

Master system

Mega drive

PS1

PSP

Pc Engine

Genesis 32x

DS

Turbo grafix 16

Vitual boy

Daphne

Intellivision

Commodore 64

Dreamcast

Arcade classics

Capcon play system

Capcon

Cave

Data east

Galaxian

Irem

Kaneko

Kanami

Midway

Pgm

Psikyo

Sega arcade

Seta

Taito

Technos

Toaplan

Gameboy advance

Gameboy color

Neogeo pocket colour

Neo geo

Super famicom

You can also add any game you wish that is not on our console for free , full support given.

Also included is Kodi entertainment system for Live TV and movies

All you need is plenty of hours in the day for going back to the good old days!

Manufactured and shipped from the UK

12 month warranty for piece of mind

Due to extremely high demand our delivery to the UK is now 5-7 days

Delivery worldwide - 9-12 days

100 % money back guarantee

Retrogamingbox

Anyone seen one working?

One of my friends is thinking about it.

7 hours ago, Xann said:

Retrogamingbox

Anyone seen one working?

My cousin has one it's good,but  ensure you get one with four controller ports otherwise the n64 is pointless

its very similar to my modded Xbox. It's fantastic if you are into retro gaming

• Thanks 1

On 08/11/2017 at 12:29, Xann said:

Retrogamingbox

Anyone seen one working?

That can't be legal, selling all those games like that. It's a huge ripoff anyway, 10 minutes on YouTube will save you nearly £100.

I haven't looked into the Raspberry Pi too much but I'm pretty sure you can get one for £20, a box like that link has for £15 and that's all you'll pay. The emulators and games you can put on yourself. 

I like how in the FAQ it says "Currently we do not have a list of the games due to copyright" :lol: As for saving money and building/downloading/coded it yourself, sure, but some people don't want to spend time doing that and would quite happily spend the money to get the finished product.

1 hour ago, villarule123 said:

That can't be legal, selling all those games like that. It's a huge ripoff anyway, 10 minutes on YouTube will save you nearly £100.

I haven't looked into the Raspberry Pi too much but I'm pretty sure you can get one for £20, a box like that link has for £15 and that's all you'll pay. The emulators and games you can put on yourself. 

Who has all that time to do that yourself? Also probably a lot more difficult that you have implied. As Hogso said people prefer finished article! 

25 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Who has all that time to do that yourself? Also probably a lot more difficult that you have implied. As Hogso said people prefer finished article! 

People say the same about Kodi sticks, they take 5 minutes also. 

Almost certain anyone could do that for sub £40 all for an hours work at most. 

I've really enjoyed my Snes Miniso far. I'm trying not to play too many games too soon, or I'll probably not get into one enough and end up getting bored. I've played Donkey Kong, Mario, Mario Kart and the Ghosts and Ghouls one. I'm enjoying it more than I've enjoyed playing my PS4 games in the last year or so.

I was never much of a Nintendo kid, I had a gameboy with 8-10 games, and I had the original NES, but only ever had two games on it - one of the Marios and, god know's why, 'A boy and his blob' which was **** dread. I was all about the Megadrive when I was young.

4 hours ago, Rob182 said:

I've really enjoyed my Snes Miniso far. I'm trying not to play too many games too soon, or I'll probably not get into one enough and end up getting bored. I've played Donkey Kong, Mario, Mario Kart and the Ghosts and Ghouls one. I'm enjoying it more than I've enjoyed playing my PS4 games in the last year or so.

I was never much of a Nintendo kid, I had a gameboy with 8-10 games, and I had the original NES, but only ever had two games on it - one of the Marios and, god know's why, 'A boy and his blob' which was **** dread. I was all about the Megadrive when I was young.

Is it me or is Mario kart bloody harder than what it use to be?! Special at 100cc is so hard! That Mario star game though is dreadful. How that piece of crap made it on the console ahead of some other classics I will never know.

But yeah I love mine too been offered £100 plus fir it but I want to keep it.

I've played Mario Kart once and it hurt my eyes, I don't think the makers ever originally imagined these games going onto 40+ inch TVs! I haven't played that Mario star one either yet. I'm going to take this console to my parents on Christmas Day, and me and the brother-in-law will probably have a big Mario Kart tournament.

I got mine for £92 (including shipping) from Amazon France. I got a notification on Stock Informer and bought it straight away. A minute later and it was out of stock again.

2 hours ago, Rob182 said:

I've played Mario Kart once and it hurt my eyes, I don't think the makers ever originally imagined these games going onto 40+ inch TVs! I haven't played that Mario star one either yet. I'm going to take this console to my parents on Christmas Day, and me and the brother-in-law will probably have a big Mario Kart tournament.

I got mine for £92 (including shipping) from Amazon France. I got a notification on Stock Informer and bought it straight away. A minute later and it was out of stock again.

I had never played it before but I am sorry to say its utter crap 

18 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Is it me or is Mario kart bloody harder than what it use to be?! Special at 100cc is so hard! That Mario star game though is dreadful. How that piece of crap made it on the console ahead of some other classics I will never know.

But yeah I love mine too been offered £100 plus fir it but I want to keep it.

The original Maario kart was always very difficult at the faster speeds. 

Mario Kart 64 was a MUCH easier game, and I think that’s how a lot of people remember Mario Kart. 

The SNES version was tough. 

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The original Maario kart was always very difficult at the faster speeds. 

Mario Kart 64 was a MUCH easier game, and I think that’s how a lot of people remember Mario Kart. 

The SNES version was tough. 

Yeah your absolutely right. Its bloody hard, a lot harder than what I remembered. I cant even get onto the rainbow road as i lose all my lives after the 3rd race. I cant imagine how tough 150 will be.

The N64 one was easy i do remember that, as was the game cube. i would say the wii u version was more difficult than those ones

If anyone wants a SNES Classic at normal retail price. I currently have one in my Tesco Direct basket, but I'm about to empty my basket so there should be 1 in stock in there in the next few minutes. I put it in my basket with a view to selling it on, but it seems like a lot of hassle for £20 profit so I now can't be arsed.

2 hours ago, Rob182 said:

If anyone wants a SNES Classic at normal retail price. I currently have one in my Tesco Direct basket, but I'm about to empty my basket so there should be 1 in stock in there in the next few minutes. I put it in my basket with a view to selling it on, but it seems like a lot of hassle for £20 profit so I now can't be arsed.

I would have taken it for my nephew but site says sold out so I guess someone else snapped it up

I was 5 when Mario Kart came out on the SNES and my 15 year old cousin had it.

We'd play two player and he told me that if you left the track at all you had to go to the side to get 'told off' by this guy...

SNESLakituONMAvatar.gif?w=280&h=210&fit=crop

I was a bit older before I realised the only reason he pops up is to tell you you're going the wrong way. My cousin would watch my screen and make sure I went and got my telling off if I slightly veered off track. I was 5, I wasn't every good, it happened a lot.

My cousin's still a prick.

Â