limpid

Match Polls  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

Surprised me with how poor they were, are they all that really? Shame we didn't take advantage in the second half when we basically controlled the game. 

Defence (apart from Hutton), Jedinak, Grealish and Adomah were all brilliant. 

10 game unbeaten run and 2nd in the league suggests they are all that, great performance from us and a good point in reality.

• Like 1

Dunno if flat is quite the right word. Villa were INSANELY dominant in terms of winning possession. Not seen us bullied like that at the Amex in years. Felt like a preview of how it would be in the Prem against someone like, say, West Brom.

Taken from the Brighton message board, great signs!

Edited by AVFCDAN
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, trekka said:

I've read that myself.  A few other comments were that we're in a clearly false position and that they would dread facing us in a play-off.  

We're on the way back :)

I think we are final playing as a team, the individual talent is there but Bruce has finally brought it together. Maybe RDM didn't have enough time but that's irrelevant now.

Gotta praise SB, said he knew the problems and would fix it but it takes time, his first job was to tighten us up and make us hard to beat building confidence at the same time, he has achieved this now so I guess the next step was to start working on the attacking side of play, I think we could see evidence of this last night and it will only improve as he spends more time with them on the training pitch, someones gonna get a hammering soon, it will just take a couple of early goals. Really impressive from the big man. We deserved a win last night but the main thing was not to lose and keep the run going and the confidence improving, exciting times ahead. Brighton are a good team who will bully teams but got a taste of their own medicine last night and it was no surprise that we dominated at the end when their heads dropped and their defense was pulled out of position and into a state of panic. 

• Like 2

Pretty much all been said already. I think they respected us right from the start. That gave us confidence, even if we knew it will be a tough game.

And, we don't panic any more. We don't fall apart.

Some things left to fix in Jan.

Looking good!

Edited by AVTuco

10 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Gabby looks past it. If he's not there to put the ball in the onion bag or help someone else do it what's the point. Pressure defenders? Lol he made an animated show of galloping slowly at defenders even after they'd passed it. Other than that looked clumsy and awkward until subbed off and then we looked much better and more fluid 

It was hard to tell last night because I'll be honest and say it's the first time I've watched Brighton since their Boro game, the point of him is that he can do it (or at least try and give of the belief that he can rather than the reality that he could) 

if Brighton are a good on the ball pass it the round, keep it, push the defenders up, play a high line, giving them a good midfield and controlling the game then playing gabby, or the threat of gabbys pace, means they can't do that, they have to play deeper 

him starting had a purpose, I don't think the myth that he can chase on to a 60 yard ball over the top in to space to run through and score will last that much longer though

Great performance.

We made a good solid team look 2nd best most of the time

my ratings

Gollini - great save - kicking & distribution getting better every game

Hutton - shit as usual - went runabouts 3 times and crossed 2wice to nobody - get rid

Chester/Baker - really solid partnership

Amavi - not too prominent but had enough to do dealing with Lockeart (sp)

Jedi - exactly what we needed

Gardner - covered enough ground not effective going forward (but we have Adomah, Ayew, Grealish & Kodjua for that)

Westwood - similar to Gardner, muscled off the ball to easily, still shit but thats the best bruce can get out of him

Adomah/Ayew/Grealish & Kodjia - great, all of them in their own ways

Gaby - absolute shit - ineffective - too slow - too clumsy - too old - too crap for us - get rid

• Like 3

I didn't think Gabby was half as bad as everyone is making out to be. Wasn't his best performance but he wasn't useless and considering his not started a game for god knows how long he did better than I thought he would.

Bruce is going to be playing him you might as well accept that and try to get behind the chap..

• Like 4

Delighted to see our lads still chasing and closing down at the end. Obviously fitness has been one of the things prioritised. Been a long time since we've finished the last 20 mins comfortably on the front foot trying to win the game

For me that was probably the most cohesive performance of the season and if we play like that regularly we will win far more than we lose. My only worry is January and the ACON tournament and how the hell we are going to overcome the loss of Kodjia, Ayew, Adomah & Gestede. A lot of attacking intent gone in one fell swoop.

Â