limpid

Match Polls  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, imavillan said:

so the game is now over and those in the pre match thread questioning Steve Bruces managerial quality and team selections are out singing praises

Careful fella, we looked best with Grealish and Ayew on.

Adomah MOTM.

Jedinak and Westwood were excellent too. Westwood's best performance in a long long time. Grealish ran the show when he came on too. Also credit to the defence and Gollini as well, really solid for the majority of the game against a strong attacking side.

Thought Ayew was really frustrating when he came on yet again, which is probably why he is still with us. So much talent, so much ability but constantly makes the wrong decisions.

Thought Kodjia looked off the pace a little but still managed to be a big threat.

Really impressed with our tactics, shape and substitutions, bar Gabby. A massive improvement from the idiots we've had in charge in the past few years. We finally have a proper manager and I expect us to get better and better.

• Like 1

Surprised me with how poor they were, are they all that really? Shame we didn't take advantage in the second half when we basically controlled the game. 

Defence (apart from Hutton), Jedinak, Grealish and Adomah were all brilliant. 

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Would like more Friday games. Saturday morning watch in bed for me in NZ. Luxury!

Yes! A great way to start the weekend! A win would have been better though.

1 minute ago, briny_ear said:

For all those who were advocating Ayew above Gabby, was that performance what you were looking for? For me it was typical Ayew. A bit of flashy skill usually wasted by running into dead-ends or foolishly seeking fouls.

Yes, but when Ayew came on Kodija had 3 excellent chances playing in the exact same position he did for the first 56 minutes or so, he creates spaces that Gabby will never be able to and never has done, Ayew should start ahead of him all day every day imho. Ayew and Jack changed the game tonight just gutted we didn't put these slim boy fat fückers away.

A decent point but I can't help being a little disappointed we didn't get the winner we deserved. 

We played a sensible, solid first half and after the break we were by far the better team. I counted two decent chances for them, at least six or seven for us, goals included. We look like a team again, and credit to Steve Bruce for making that happen. Imagine if we had a proper manager the whole season.

I thought Adomah was great, Kodija is consistently excellent at this level and Jedi finally looks like the player we thought we were getting when we signed him. The biggest plus for me, though, was Grealish. If he can repeat that level of performance on a consistent basis, he'll be a really terrific player for us. 

• Like 1

Shame we didn't win, but you know what? I  really enjoyed that match. A few errors here are there, but what player isn't prone to the odd error? More importantly, there was some excellent link up play and a performance that showed an improved level of confidence. Onwards and upwards, lads!

• Like 1

Just now, Stockport_Villain said:

Surely that's because the opposition we're tiring so they had time on the ball and being fresh against a team who had played 60 minutes already took advantage of it. Bloody good management if you ask me!

I was simply responding to a post re the Line up detractors in the pre match thread. You can argue that SB ballsed up because Grealish and Ayew weren't on the pitch from that start. You can argue that by bringing them on late he changed the game in our favour. I've no doubt that that this argument will be fought, fiercely, on here over the next few days. 

For now though, I'm on the fence. We've got a point against the form team in the league. We should've beat the second placed team at their place, a team that most widely expect to be in the promotion mix. They're happier with the point on the performance. I'm going to take this alcohol fuelled happiness for a while and dare to dream. UTV!!

• Like 1

Â