limpid

Match Polls  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, Keener window-cleaner said:

Don't get me wrong, I was very pleased with Gabbys attitude and he did what Gabby does, that is headless running and not much constructive contributing. Completely different to Ayew who is a football player who can control the ball, run at the opposition with the ball and actually does pass it now and then. Gabby is good as a touch and go runner who now and then manages to fumble the ball in the net or sometimes score with quite good shots, but he is not contributing in build up play, gaining possession and creating chances

Absolutely spot on. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

You didn't offer an opinion though.

You just posted laughing faces.

"i'll debate to that"

I don't think debate means what you think it means.

We should have won, but didnt as we didnt make our second half pressure count.

Watching objectively i thought the ref had a good game, certainly not the worst i have ever seen in 5 years (and i have seen a hell of a lot of football in five years) - Brighton conceded 13 fouls Villa conceded 15

I thought Gabby did well in chasing down defenders.

Brightons best time in the game was just after he went off. Ayew did not chase down in the same way. Ayew came into the game when Grealish came on.

There you go, my opinions on the match. 

The laughing faces relate to all of what you said. and again thats my opinion.

The thing for me in the second half was that we looked like a unit. There wasn't one poor player for us today. Westwood made some good passes, Jedinak was a rock. 

Today we played not just as well paid individuals, but as a team. Even Gabby looked alright. Lacking match fitness but he did what he needed to. 

Edited by Sam3773
  • Like 1

Thanks for that. Only took you two smiley posts to finally offer something. Good work :thumb:

"watching objectively?" :lol:   5/57 considered the ref to have a good game. Even with claret and blue specs, that's damning.

Ayew's contribution compared to Gabby is perfectly summed up a few posts above mine. If all Gabby is good for is chasing defenders, lets get a cross country runner signed for a 1/100 of the wage.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Away to the team second in the league and we really should have won.

This. Under Bruce we will at least make the playoffs. 

Stuck in the car park on the way home, what a performance in that second half.

Also, Gabriel Agblonglahor can not run anymore. He was so frustrating to watch inside the ground, could not press or keep up the pace. It also impacted on the other forwards who couldn't rotate efficiently as gabby was too slow to get in position. Not a coincidence that as soon as he came on we had our best period on the game. 

One final note, Jedinak wins everything..everything.

Loving the brucey reign, best run of games in 6 years...very happy villa fan.

• Like 2

Gabby looks past it. If he's not there to put the ball in the onion bag or help someone else do it what's the point. Pressure defenders? Lol he made an animated show of galloping slowly at defenders even after they'd passed it. Other than that looked clumsy and awkward until subbed off and then we looked much better and more fluid 

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Thanks for that. Only took you two smiley posts to finally offer something. Good work :thumb:

"watching objectively?" :lol:   5/57 considered the ref to have a good game. Even with claret and blue specs, that's damning.

Ayew's contribution compared to Gabby is perfectly summed up a few posts above mine. If all Gabby is good for is chasing defenders, lets get a cross country runner signed for a 1/100 of the wage.

you are most welcome.

told you, its all about opinions

i always find it hilarious when people say things like ''Ref was the worst I've seen in 5 years'' I mean, why five years? is that how long youve been watching football :crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

Having listened to Bruces post match interview you and a few others had better get used to seeing a bit more of Gabby, because from what he has just said he's going to play a part in the rest of the season.

As for Ayew. In my opinion he still only offered when Grealish came on and bought him into the game and flatters to deceive. 

In terms of work in progress.....that was great.

I do think Brighton are a good side in this division and they will be there or there abouts, formidable home side.

full backs still worry me a bit in terms of positional play.

need to strengthen midfield as a priority.

The forwards will improve their goalscoring with the strengthening of midfield.

overall good result.

i would have taken the draw before the game.

Edited by TRO

Â