Ratings and Reactions: Brighton v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

The improvement since Bruce came in has been massive. Excellent point but could and probably should have won the game if Villa had been more clinical.

A pity that Bruce wasn't in charge from the start of the season.

Edited by striker
  • Like 1

1st half ever lose ball fell to them. Second half we totally bossed it and should have buried them. Ref gave some bizarre free kicks to them. 

We are a right back a centre mid and a forward away from having the best chance of  going up

Think Stockdale kept them in it. Very impressed by us, especially the last half hour. Hope Bruce doesn't start with gabby again. See the idea but he just isn't comparable to Ayew for quality. Also think we have to get Grealish on the pitch more. He's looking very good. Good performance, away at a promotion rival and still unbeaten under Bruce. Not bad, not bad at all.

• Like 1

Played very well, but i'm disappointed given how the game went we didn't win - its more points dropped from a winning position, and we had enough chances to win it 2nd half.

We really need to start hammering some teams - seems like theres loads of goals every week in this league, yet with all our attacking players we've only scored 17.

Still, Bruce has got us organised, much fitter, and the players appear to be buying in. We don't seem to have as many stupid errors in us now.

Edited by andym

Good point away to the second best team in the league and could have come away with 3.

I don't get the Gabby hate, ran his socks off and showed plenty of commitment. Ayew didn't do a lot better when he came on.

• Like 3

If Brighton are the second best team in this league then we are currently playing in the worst league in world football, voted for Kodija as MoTM just because as a wing back he had the most chances and was still our best defender in the first half! Adomah was outstanding as well.

Disappointed not to get 3 points, but very encouraged by the performance. Nice to see that we pressed and looked like the team most likley to score in the second half. When Ayew and Grealish came on we really showed our class! Between the 70th and 85th minute was as good as I have seen us play since I don't know when, Kodjia very unlucky not to score, did he hit the bar twice with headers?

Loved to see Grealish play in the middle three, hope he continues to play there. Glad to see Baker score his first goal and I'm also starting to fall in love with Chester!

frustrated with just the point n the balance of play, but also very happy we're playing well enough for expectations to be adjusted. A decent point and evidence we've got a good chance of mounting a decent charge up to the play offs and maybe more. 

It's a good point, for them. Virtually ended our automatic promotion hopes as we needed to win. 

I don't subscribe to the notion that it's a good point for us because it's erm, not.

We clearly however have a team that is better than most in this shit league including those London beach dwellers. 

Edited by NottingVilla
  • Like 3

Â