Gaming in 2017

Dodgyknees

Battlefront has been my favourite game of the current gen so Battlefront 2 is my most anticipated game. I predict it will be well received but sales will be poor, mirroring Watch dogs 2 and Titanfall 2 in that respect.

On 03/01/2017 at 14:29, Chindie said:

2017 – Scalebound (XO/PC)

5/10, car crash embassment stuff. A few reviewers that like Platinum will defend some of it, but it'll be begrudgingly.

My prediction was actually kind to Scalebound, they just cancelled it instead! 4 years of work, binned. Ha.

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

My prediction was actually kind to Scalebound, they just cancelled it instead! 4 years of work, binned. Ha.

I doubt it was in development for 4 years consistently.

The game was a mess and it played like a mess too. Senior guys at Platinum left the project for a month in the height of fixing it all, which left the game in a worse state.

I don't blame Microsoft for canning it, but this hurts Microsoft in 2017 as their release schedule for exclusives was already bare bones.

I just hate how shit Platinum have become. They made some stellar stuff, but now they just suck.

NieR: Automata will be good in the same cult-hit way the first was, but not thanks to Platinum. That games success will be down to Taro Yoko who was the original director of NieR as he has a vision for this series. Platinum are just the lackeys bringing that vision to life, nothing more. 

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

RE7 getting 8/10 on most places

Yeah I'm looking forward to it, have the game pre-loaded on the PS4 already.

Saw the Eurogamer review saying it stops just short of greatness. I'd take that considering the last couple have stopped vastly short of even being good. 

Watch it sell nothing.

I'm wondering whether there's any way Capcom can wring more money out of it if it gets any popularity at all. I get the feeling Capcom are a bit desperate for cash, and there's only so many rereleases they can do.

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

and there's only so many rereleases they can do.

Until they do onimusha I disagree...

the seem to be back tracking a bit on their previous HD remake comments and are now back claiming they're doing new ips, other than deep down which still hasn't been released I actually can't remember the last new capcom game, their next big game will be devil may cry's directors so it will more than likely be DMC5 (6) street fighter is also 30 years old this year so expect some sort of collection or special edition for that

at least monster hunter on the DS will keep them afloat

I just don't see them pulling something new and great from anywhere.

If it is the 30th anniversary of Street Fighter they'll mark it somehow but realistically that isn't going to be anything earth shattering. They've just announced a new version of 2 ffs. MvCI is hardly ground breaking either.

I dunno. Capcom aren't what they were.

They were royalty

resident evil, DMC, onimusha, Dino crisis, viewtiful joe, mega man, Moto gp , dead rising, aladdin, street fighter, okami, breath of fire, darkstalkers, gouls and ghosts, Phoenix wright, monster hunter, disneys magical quest, 1942, Asuras wrath, audomodellista, bionic commando, capcom vs snk, marvel vs capcom, xmen vs capcom, dragons dogma, lost planet, duck tales, rival schools, Gregory horror show, killer 7, Maximo, PN03, power stone, remember me, shadow of rome, way of the samurai

ive played some capcom games! Duck tales on the NES right through to RE HD on the PS4, 28 years of playing their games

theyve had some majors busts last gen lost planet, dark void, remember me

Remember Me was only published by capcom wasn't it? Dontnod developed that, I didn't mind it too much, and loved Life is Strange, so I'm very curious about this year's Vampyr 

It's a 10 year deal for the full Marvel Universe, although it will be its own canon. First game will be the Avengers, allegedly set after the events of Civil War.

On 04/01/2017 at 18:44, RunRickyRun said:

Battlefront has been my favourite game of the current gen so Battlefront 2 is my most anticipated game. I predict it will be well received but sales will be poor, mirroring Watch dogs 2 and Titanfall 2 in that respect.

No way, Battlefront will sell by the bucketload regardless of if it is any good or not.

On 24/01/2017 at 06:19, hogso said:

Remember Me was only published by capcom wasn't it? Dontnod developed that, I didn't mind it too much, and loved Life is Strange, so I'm very curious about this year's Vampyr 

I liked Remember Me

• 4 weeks later...

Really enjoyed Shadow of Mordor but that game needs to heavily build on what they made there. It was a cool mechanic wrapped in a run of the mill, maybe even lacklustre, Assassin's Creed game. They need to be offering more than that this time. They need something really polished, with more gameplay elements, and frankly more everything, and to expand on the Nemesis system significantly, for that to be more than a decent shoulder shrug of a game.

I'm still surprised nobody nicked that mechanic in the time since. It can't be that difficult to copy and it parachutes into more or less any open world action game easily.

Edited by Chindie

Â