Gaming in 2017

Dodgyknees

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Can't see the videos.

Is it PS4? If so I'm up for it.

Both PS4. 

Golf Club 2 is a sim with fan made courses from all over the world and online tournaments, Everybody's Golf is a much better version of Wii Sports Golf that's an MMO and just looks pure fun. 

I've just spent the last half hour watching videos and they both look really good. 

Yeah, Everybody's Golf / Hot Shots Golf is awesome. It (World Tour) was one of the first games I had on PS3, and I also had Everybody's Tennis on PSP too which was a great little game.

Bizarrely, the online lobby's were almost as much fun as the actual game of golf, I seem to recall.

It looks like they've retained most of the characters from the old games - any word on guest characters? I remember Kratos from God of War was one before.

You know how sometimes the internet is just plain strange and you can't explain how/why the thing you are looking at came to be?.....

Well here's Timmy Mallet & Keith Chegwin playing Tekken 7 in an official launch video from Bandai Namco

That reminded me of when the Chuckle Brothers did a promo Hitman video :lol: someone somewhere must be a fan of these 80s/90s British...well I was going to say TV Icons, but that's pushing it a bit...

There's a bit of 90s nostalgia going on at the moment. Wipeout arrived yesterday (which is **** good BTW), I've just pre ordered Crash Bandicoot,  which I've never played, it also looks great. Micro Machines is back out soon, Tekken 7 recently came out. I'm sure there's a couple more I'm forgetting. 

As someone who hasn't played Wipeout, Crash before, these 4k remasters are great. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, villarule123 said:

There's a bit of 90s nostalgia going on at the moment. Wipeout arrived yesterday (which is **** good BTW), I've just pre ordered Crash Bandicoot,  which I've never played, it also looks great. Micro Machines is back out soon, Tekken 7 recently came out. I'm sure there's a couple more I'm forgetting....

Just coming in to say that. Looked at the topic list and thought 'Where's Worms'? FIFA and Football Manager are long in the tooth too.

bomberman was one of the switch launch titles too

xbox are also launching a PS now style subscription service called game pass (which from what i saw looked half decent) at some point this year with plenty of 360 games on it and a couple of decent xbone games too

2 minutes ago, Xann said:

Just coming in to say that. Looked at the topic list and thought 'Where's Worms'? FIFA and Football Manager are long in the tooth too.

Worms W.M.D launched last year. It was part of the 90's resurgence wave with DOOM (2016). The look back to the past likely started with Wolfenstein: The New Order which gave us an all modern Wolfenstein created like some of the older ones. There has also been a resurgence of Classic RPG's like Baldur's Gate with Tyranny, Pillars of Eternity, Divinity: Original Sin etc.. It's a great time to be a gamer from the late 80's/early 90's as so many games from the 90's are coming back either remastered, rebooted, or an all new franchise entirely.. It's great.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Is it rubbish because you bounced off the sides a lot and blew up? :D

Nope. It was rubbish because it was like F-Zero X only nowhere near as good.

• Like 1

Nah f zero GX on the cube was the one, that made blew my mind it was that fast, wonder why they've never revisited the series? It's been 14 years

and for the 80s / 90s gamer, when the classic she's gets announced at e3 I'm going mental

• 1 month later...
Â