Gaming in 2017

Dodgyknees

Anyone seen the trailers for Detroit : Become Human? Looks really good, lots of butterfly effect moments similar to Until Dawn.

Edited by dubbs

Rather bizarrely Quantic have litereally squeezed gameplay out of their games with every release. It'll be interesting to see what form Detroit: Become Human takes when it's out. After that they should just create a movie for PSVR or something.

I actually plat'd Beyond: Two Souls. I found the experience to be akin to one of those 'so bad it's good' movies.

Edited by hogso

12 hours ago, dubbs said:

Anyone seen the trailers for Detroit : Become Human? Looks really good, lots of butterfly effect moments similar to Until Dawn.

I am looking forward to it.

I personally adore every game that David Cage directs even though a lot of it does fall under the "so bad, it's good" banner of things. Detroit: Become Human looks great, but I am concerned that it'll wind up being an overambitious underachiever of a game. This game seems a lot more complex than his previous games there is word that some scenes can end in one of six ways and it only branches more from there. If each scene has 6-10 branches then I just don't know how this game will have a satisfactory end, but I am curious.

It looks good right now at the very least. 

12 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Anyone picking up Prey today?

I have it installed on this PC. I will likely get started on it next week, I'm looking forward to it as it looks like System Shock with its own flavour it's hopefully going to be great fun. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Daweii said:

I have it installed on this PC. I will likely get started on it next week, I'm looking forward to it as it looks like System Shock with its own flavour it's hopefully going to be great fun. 

Getting pretty decent reviews so far.

20 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Getting pretty decent reviews so far.

Yeah I've been seeing a few good reviews out there. Trying to stay away from spoilers though so picking my reviews is like walking across a minefield. 

1 hour ago, Daweii said:

If each scene has 6-10 branches then I just don't know how this game will have a satisfactory end, but I am curious.

Eh, if you got on OK with the 'Aliens' ending of Fahrenheit then I don't think there's too much to worry about.

Right...? :D

Edited by hogso
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, hogso said:

Eh, if you got on OK with the 'Aliens' ending of Fahrenheit then I don't think there's too much to worry about.

Right...? :D

I had put that to the back of my mind. Nothing can be as bad as that so you are right aha, there is little to worry about :D

13 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Anyone picking up Prey today?

nope will buy it in a month when it's £20 like every other bethesda game.

The all seem to get absolutely slashed in price by Game & shopto within 6 weeks of release

Dynasty warriors 9 announced!

before you say same old same old they're making it an open world game timed to the events which I don't know how they'll do it, 83 characters all with their own side missions and I'm guessing some will have to die as you play through, they're bringing back the bow and introducing new elements like a grappling hook

• Like 2

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

before you say same old same old they're making it an open world game timed to the events which I don't know how they'll do it, 83 characters all with their own side missions and I'm guessing some will have to die as you play through, they're bringing back the bow and introducing new elements like a grappling hook

Not sure the dev team adding the extra work of making it open world will help when they struggle to get the core game quality right these days, but I will give it a go as reinvention should be rewarded. If it's still average after this change I'll likely stay away from the series until they decide to reinvent it again, but they have me curious at least. 

same here, at its core the romance of the 3 kingdoms is a great story with plenty to work with, for whatever reason omega force think that adding new characters and making it more fantasy based is the direction to take it in whereas i personally would rather they tied it in deeper to the source material, have 5-10 characters from each kingdom and give them an arc

Polybius has finally arrived and it's ace. Here's the first 2 levels with me playing it pretty safe. There's a lot going on and it's fun figuring out all the nuances of each level. 

Edited by RunRickyRun

14 hours ago, villa4europe said:

So now you can mash buttons in a open world! I suppose that might make it better... ;)

On 5/6/2017 at 00:22, LakotaDakota said:

nope will buy it in a month when it's £20 like every other bethesda game.

The all seem to get absolutely slashed in price by Game & shopto within 6 weeks of release

Quoting myself i know but Prey is already down to £29.99 in Game and they are now also including the steelbook case & soundtrack cd at that price,

Not even 2 weeks at full price. Every bethesda game is the same.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/prey-inc-steelbook-and-soundtrack-only-at-game-1285636

Edited by LakotaDakota

• 2 weeks later...

There's a couple of golf games coming out soon. 

I didn't play the first Golf Club game as my laptop at the time couldn't handle it but this looks to be in another league to what EA have to offer. The graphics and realism look insane. The course creator also looks in depth so you'll be able to play any famous course you can think of as the nerds will be able to work their magic. 

I dismissed this game on first viewing but after watching a few videos and reading some impressions theres a lot of people raving about it. There was supposedly a beta recently which I missed :(

I'm definitely getting one of these as the Rory McIlroy game, whilst decent, was a long way off from previous entries and a lot of modes/courses cut back. 

Something new for us to play @Stevo985:)

Â