Gaming in 2017

Dodgyknees

There were some good ideas there. The nemesis system was enough to keep me playing, some of the things you could do with it towards the end of the game were great fun, pitting war chiefs against each other was brilliant. 

The rest of the gameplay was pretty uninspired, but the Nemesis system, and some of the cool middle earth lore was enough to carry the game for me.

What the actual **** was with the last two boss 'battles'? I was absolutely furious when I finished it. 

Edited by Davkaus

Read a 3/10 review for the new Berserk Dynasty Warriors game :lol: The old Dreamcast game was good fun I recall, but I don't think I've ever played a 'good' Dynasty Warriors game, and from what I can gather they haven't ever changed the formula.

i had dynasty warriors 2 at the launch of the PS2, loved it, its great simple time killing fun, the biggest issue they've had is they think that adding more characters is adding more depth and when that didnt work they started adding in made up characters and demons etc last one i played was DW vs samurai warriors mix up one that was with games with gold, its shit, the history element which made it interesting has gone, the extra characters has diluted the ones they had (romance of the three kingdoms is a good book)

as hogso said in the nier thread it could become a bit of a classic year

so far we've had nier, nioh, horizon, for honor, sniper elite 4, resident evil 7, yakuza 0, gravity rush 2 obviously the GOTY winner zelda, in the next month we have ME, ghost recon, persona 5, drawn to death and maybe yooka laylee

they're not thinking of my wallet!

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Horizon has been the best game for me this year by a million miles. Think it will be difficult for anything to top it in all honesty. 

I think Zelda will run it close.

• 1 month later...
On ‎08‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 21:18, jim said:

Game play footage from Shadow of War

The first game was good but I didn't think it was the classic people seem to say - the nemesis system everybody gushed over was pretty shallow while everything else it had to offer were things taken from AC/Batman.

Always thought the more interesting part of the game was the Wraith side of things but that was pretty much ignored in the story.

• Like 1

On ‎30‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 22:53, Rino8 said:

The first game was good but I didn't think it was the classic people seem to say 

It's main problem was that it was too easy. Didn't take long to become an unstoppable killing machine.

Â