Your Top 3 Cut Scenes in Gaming *SPOILERS OBV*

Dante_Lockhart

In keeping with the Top 10 games list it got me thinking, what are my favourite cut-scenes in gaming? Obviously thousands to choose from, but what were those ones that made me say 'wow' or ones that I can watch over and over? Well, here are my top 3. Quite easy really now I think about it.

Mass Effect 3 - Final Space Battle. This is what the series had been leading up to.. the Reapers are out in full force and everyone comes together and attacks head on. As disappointed as I was with ME3, this got the adrenaline pumping.

Final Fantasy X - The Sending. Beautiful cut scene and it really set the tone for the game. It's almost an awakening of sorts for Tidus, and the gamer.

Devil May Cry 3 - Introduction. This scene, well it just rocks. Dante is portrayed exactly how he is meant to be. Smooth, stylish, cocky. It hasn't aged well for sure, but this is one of my all time favourite scenes.

First one that springs imediately to mind is Resident Evil PS1 when the first zombie turns around.

I'll have to think about the other two.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 2

FF7 is the first one that springs to my mind, especially with where it was at the time, there was very little in the way of storytelling like it that id played before

Star wars old republic E3 trailers, take your pick which one, they are better than anything lucas managed in the prequel trilogy, id proper kevin keegan style love it if those guys got the opportunity to make a netflix style series

MGS2 when you pop round the corner and fire off a few shots at the woman who cant be shot cos the bullets zip off in all different directions and one of them zips off straight in to the head of vamp, that was cool as ****

I'm going purely on ingame cutscenes here. And they're all from Blizzard. If they were any gaming videos, they'd still all be Blizzard, but they'd be the game-reveal cinematics of any of their games. The Cataclysm cinematic is one of the greatest reveals of any game, IMO.

But you said cutscenes, so here we are.

1) The one that jumped out above all others. One of the most memorable moments in any gaming story arc, IMO.

2) Spotting a pattern? WoW this time. The only example in the entire game up until that point (I think!) when what seemed like a normal quest cut away to a cutscene. One of the most memorable moments in thousands of hours of Warcraft questing.

3) I don't give a shit that they're all from the same company, nobody does cutscenes like Blizzard.

Fanboy, me?

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

I cried at the BF1 one.  With my awesome headphones, the soldier's narration got the better of me.  Top marks to DICE for showing exactly how desperate things were on the battlefield.  From soldiers walking with their heads hanging in desperation, not wielding any weapons as they face the inevitable, to the whistles as they go over the top.  It's an unforgettable and haunting experience. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, darrenm said:

No contest. Not exactly a cut scene but the joy you feel when getting to the end of Star Road and jumping through coins that spell out 'YOU ARE A SUPER PLAYER'

That's not what this topic is.. ah forget it :(

This came out of no where and was simply crushing. 

The infamous Ma Belle Peche scene from Xenosaga 1. The big bad of the game cuts his own head off, in front of a 'little girl', having just massacred a bunch of other 'little girls'. Yep. 

Much better than the Aerith death scene

Last of Us - All of the flashback intro stuff.

Halo CE - legendary ending, when the marine and grunt knew what was coming and made piece with each other in their final moments - always stuck with me that did, really sad.

CoD:IW - First cut scene with Jon Snow at the start. Pretty brutal.

I've got to agree with @Davkaus in that the Blizzard stuff is top notch.  Arthas turning heel is amazing. 

Here it is again. :wub: 

Also, does this count?  Credit sequence with ASCII art but so, so so good. 

And for another unsatisfying answer as it's arguably not a cut scene but it made me laugh: 

Edited by The_Rev
  • Like 2

Red Alert 3 epilogue - I had no idea it was coming. Hoff 2020.

This is my actual favourite. I was dumb enough not to figure out the player character IS Revan in KOTOR and boy am I glad. A real oh s*** moment!

This moment in Fallout 3. Oh s*** I just nuked the biggest settlement in the Wasteland! And Megaton's completely gone; a huge section of the game closed off right at the start thanks to a bit of short term greed/curiosity of what the nuke would look like.

• Like 3

Â