Your Top 10 gaming list of all time

Dante_Lockhart

That's the one! it basically broke the game it was so powerful.

In fact, the only race it struggled on was the giant oval track, and i think that's because it's top speed was so slow compared to other super cars.  Anything with bends in though, it was like a superbike against a larda in the acceleration stakes. :lol:  

Just off the top of my head.

- Goldeneye (N64)

- Command & Conquer / Red Alert (PC)

- Street Fighter 2 (SNES)

- Dark Souls (PS3)

- Sega Rally (Saturn)

- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PC)

- Panzer Dragoon Saga (Saturn)

- Shining the Holy Arc (Saturn)

- Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (PC)

- Chrono Trigger (SNES)

Bit of an odd list looking at it. As you can probably tell I absolutely loved my Sega Saturn, that's where all my best memories are. This would probably change quite a bit if i really spent time going through my old games but in general I spent a hell of a lot of time in these games and have all left some sort of imprint on me. 

• Like 4

Tough to make a list, but I'll have a go. I'm keeping it to one game per franchise. A number of Zelda games could probably make my list!

1. Ocarina of Time (N64) - the rest of my list won't be in a particular order, in fact I'll try and go chronologically. But this is the best game of all time. Head and shoulders above the rest. It was my first encounter with a RPG style game. I still remember asking my cousin how many levels the game had and couldn't really comprehend his answer of "it doesn't really have levels".
I've played through it 5 or 6 times. It's gaming perfection.

2. Dizzy (ZX Spectrum) - the spectrum was what got me hooked on games. One of my earliest memories is playing it with my dad. Dizzy is probably the game I remember most. No idea if it was one of the best, but it's the one that's stayed with me.

3. Super Mario Bros 3 (NES) - NES was my first console, and this was probably the best game I had on it. I never "got" super mario bros 2 at the time, so the jump for me was really 1 to 3, which was huge. I loved it, but I've never completed it. I'll have a go at finally doing it when I get my hands on a NES Classic

4. Super Mario 64 (N64) - There will be a lot of N64 games on the list for me. By far my favourite console. I had it at prime gaming age and I played it tirelessly. In fact I still play it fairly regularly these days. Super Mario 64 blew me away at the time. I think even more so because a friend of mine told me it wasn't that great, and I believed him. So when I played it my expectations were low and the game was superb (i broke my own rule about one per franchise. I don't care)

5. Goldeneye (N64) - changed the game for FPS games, imo. Endless hours pumped into multiplayer. I reckon in isolation, Perfect Dark is probably a better game. But Goldeneye came first and it stands out in the memory.

6. GTA III (PS2) - another game that changed everything. Subsequent editions are better games, but at the time this game was incredible. Another complete time sink. Pumped hours into it. 

7. Football Manager 2005 (PC) - Football Manager is almost in a genre of it's own. I almost don't count it as a video game. But if we're including games that we've pumped time into then this particular edition of it must be on the list. I had this one at uni and must have put hundreds of hours into it. I had a 25 odd season game going at one point. They don't really appeal to me much these days, but at the time I loved it.

8. Half Life 2 (PS3) - it was a PS3 game for me. Didn't play it until I got the Orange Box. But it's absolutely superb. The best FPS game of all time in my book.

9. Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - probably the best game of the generation. Completely immersive, lovely graphics, excellent gameplay, it had everything. Above all, in a game like that you need to care about the characters and I'm not sure there's ever been a better example

10. Witcher 3 (PS4) - A game I haven't even finished yet even though I've been playing it for months. Literally. But it's insanely good, huge, immersive, captivating, visually stunning. It has everything.

Honourable mentions: WWF No Mercy, Mario Party, Banjo Kazooie, Rocket League, Pro Evolution Soccer 5, Portal, Spy Hunter, Body Harvest, Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3 and many many more I could list forever.

• Like 2

On 17/11/2016 at 11:40, Ingram85 said:

3 - WWF No Mercy - The greatest wrestling game of all time and yet to be bettered imo. 

Agreed. Superb game. 

If someone replicated that game exactly but with updated graphics I would buy it in a heartbeat. The engine was perfect.

• Like 1

Red Dead Redemption - flawless. Great story, graphics, game play, online, characters & challenges. Even the DLC is amazing. 

KOTOR - this would be number one probably if I hadn't played it so late. I played it in 2014 so the graphics and game play were awful but the story, characters and plot twists were amazing. As a massive SW fan this game is near perfect. 

Goldeneye - like a lot of people this game took over my life when I was younger. The single player was really good and challenging, and the multi-player was unforgettable. #nooddjob

World of Warcraft - I only level when an expansion comes out nowadays but back when it came out, it was revolutionary. Thankfully I didn't let the game take over my life but you can see why it can when you play it. 

The Witcher 3 - this has taken up about 150 hours of my life and I still have the last expansion to play. 

Rocket League - the most fun multi-player I've played since Goldeneye. Such a simple concept but it's SO fun. One of my most played games of all time and I'm still average by the game's standards. Still play it very often. 

GTA - 3 was revolutionary, VC was the most memorable with an amazing soundtrack, SA was epic and IV and V added the graphics and made the best open world I've ever seen in a game. The level of detail is scary. 

Mario Kart 64 - I won a N64 with this game in a raffle at Merry Hill the day it came out, the people doing it saw how happy the game demo made me and let me win :D still play it every now and then online through an emulator with friends

Banjo Kazooie - on par with SM64 but I'll give this game the edge for its humour. 

Football Manager series -  lay most played game by far, I'd hate to know how much time this game has taken from my life. 

Mass Effect 2 - as a fan of Sci fis this game is incredible. Amazing characters, story and gameplay. Can't wait for the new one. 

Honorable mentions to Super Mario 64, Trials series, Skyrim, Counter Strike

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villarule123 said:

KOTOR - this would be number one probably if I hadn't played it so late. I played it in 2014 so the graphics and game play were awful but the story, characters and plot twists were amazing. As a massive SW fan this game is near perfect. 

Good shout. By far the best Star Wars game ever made. There have been a fair few good ones too. X-Wing vs Tie Fighter and Dark Forces 2 being incredible too.

Spyro (1&2 specifically)

Medal of honour - Allied Assault

Jungle Book - On the Mastersystem II

Goldeneye - N64

WWE Warzone - was my first wrestling game when I was a kid and I spent so many hours on it. Not the best in terms of graphics etc, but it's more nostalgic reasons as to why it appears in my top 10. 

Wii Sports - one of the few games that got my family playing as well. So simple, yet great fun. 

Rocket League - another really simple one, but pretty much the only game i play now, and only when my mates are online. 

Pokemon Yellow - many many hours on this bad boy! 

Metal Gear Solid (1) - awesome. 

Mario Kart - any, they are all fab. 

Was tough to leave out the Crash Bandicoots, including the racing games, brilliant franchise. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Agreed. Superb game. 

If someone replicated that game exactly but with updated graphics I would buy it in a heartbeat. The engine was perfect.

One of the first games I remember playing and thinking "wow, graphics will never get much better than this". :lol:

Image result for wwe no mercy game

To be fair, the graphics weren't that great even then on No Mercy. Smackdown on the Playstation looked much better.

But the gameplay on No Mercy was just unrivalled. And still is.

Also the movement of the wrestlers was way way better.

Smackdown had this really unnatural movement, and it was that engine or at least style that they used going forward even though it was far inferior, imo.

In no particular order

• Skies of Arcadia Legends
  • KOTOR
  • Alundra
  • Mass Effect 2
  • Fallout New Vegas
  • The Elder Scrolls Morrowind
  • Borderlands 2
  • Dark Souls
  • .Overwatch
  • Witcher 3
  • Like 2

Changes all the time and I'll probably miss some, but anyway:

Red Dead Redemption - PS3

Head Over Heels - ZX Spectrum

Sensible Soccer - Amiga

Ni No Kuni - PS3

Witcher 3 - PS4

MGS Phantom Pain - PS4

World of Warcraft - PC/Mac

Zelda Windwaker - Gamecube

Mass Effect 2 - PS3

Winter Sports - C64

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

No Mercy was class. Me and my mates managed to unwrap one of their Christmas presents which was of course No Mercy and got a couple of cheeky hours in a few weeks before Christmas.

Made the wait until Christmas day unbearable. 

3 mates and I had an hour long ironman match on No Mercy. It was a tag team match.

It ended in a draw with a pin in the last few seconds. I can't describe how tense and amazing that wrestling match was. We still talk about it to this day and it must have been 13 or 14 years ago.

• Like 1

1. KotOR
2. Wind Waker
3. MGSV
4. Sonic 3 & Knuckles
5. Dark Souls 2
6. WoW (vanilla + BC)
7. Team Fortress 2
8. Grand Theft Auto 3
9. Streets of Rage 2
10. Fallout 3

KotOR takes it easily for me, the rest could be interchangeable somewhat. No game has ever captivated me to that degree and I don't think any game ever will again. So nice I bought it twice (because my first copy wore out). Goddamn what an amazing game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hogso said:

Did you ever play Alundra 2? Great example of what should never be done in a sequel. 

Nope, I was late getting to Alundra so I was pre warned against playing 2.

• 5 years later...
On 17/11/2016 at 11:40, Ingram85 said:
  • Final Fantasy IX
  • Half Life 2
  • WWF No Mercy
  • Mario Sunshine
  • TESIV: Oblivion
  • GTA Vice City
  • Duke Nukem 3D
  • Halo Combat Evolved
  • Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2
  • Tiger Woods 2003

Was going to start a new topic but thought I’d check and then found this. I had also forgotten that I’d posted in it. 

Not much I’d change tbh, I’d definitely put Wind Waker in for Duke Nukem. I’d change Skyrim for Oblivion despite saying the opposite originally and I’d maybe put Star Fox Adventures in instead of No Mercy.

• Final Fantasy IX
  • Half Life 2
  • Star Fox Adventures
  • Mario Sunshine
  • TES V: Skyrim
  • GTA Vice City
  • TLoZ: Wind Waker 
  • Halo Combat Evolved
  • Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2
  • Tiger Woods 2003
Edited by Ingram85

1. Super mario world (snes) i still play this game today as i love it so much

2. Super mario 64 - (N64) live this game

3. Dead to rights - (Ps2)

4. Mario party 1 - (N64)

5  Buzz - (PS2)

6 Kung Fu Chaos (XBOX)

7 The Warriors (XBOX)

8 Super luckys tale (SWITCH)

9. Banjo Kazooie (N64)

10 Pro evolution soccer (PS1)

• Like 3

On 18/11/2016 at 08:11, Keyblade said:

Really hard to rank a top 10, but I'll give it a shot.

1. Banjo Kazooie (Nintendo 64)

2. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Nintendo 64)

3. Super Mario Bros. 3 (Nintendo Entertainment System)

4. Kingdom Hearts (obviously :D ) (Playstation 2)

5. Pokemon Blue (Gameboy)

6. Super Smash Bros. Melee (Gamecube)

7. Street Fighter 3 (whatever arcade system it came out on :lol: )

8. Gran Turismo 3: (Playstation 2)

9. Def Jam: Fight For NY (Playstation 2)

10. NBA 2k6 (Playstation 2)

Honorable mentions: 

Super Mario Bros, Mario Party 3, NBA Street Vol. 2, Metroid Prime trilogy, Street Fighter Alpha, Mario Kart 64 and 8, Mario Party 3, Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Duke Nukem

I'd amend this by putting in Super Metroid and Chrono Trigger in the top 5, and take out the last 2. Maybe even throw in Donkey Kong Country 2 in there somewhere.

Â