Your Top 10 gaming list of all time

Dante_Lockhart

2 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

**** yeah! I absolutely rinsed that game - It was soooooo OTT gory for the time too :D

Moonstone , f--- i loved that game! 

Quite weird pagany undertones to that and yeah gorey as far as games got then!

Loving the Amiga references here

24 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

Loving the Amiga references here

The greatest games system ever.  And to think the n00bs in here know very little about it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BOF said:

The greatest games system ever.  And to think the n00bs in here know very little about it.

Absolutely. Thank god for X-Copy back in the day... i mean... the memories .... Megalomania, Hunter, Gods, It Came From The Desert II, Rocket Ranger, Wings... damn Wings needs to go in my top 10. The LucasArts games were maginificent. If my GCSEs were in Amiga games i would have got A*s.

I was the go-to kid in the playground for Amiga games. Sam Fox strip poker was a good ace up one's sleeve. that used to trade highly! 

• Like 1

Just now, Midfielder said:

Absolutely. Thank god for X-Copy back in the day... i mean... the memories .... Megalomania, Hunter, Gods, It Came From The Desert II, Rocket Ranger, Wings... damn Wings needs to go in my top 10. The LucasArts games were maginificent. If my GCSEs were in Amiga games i would have got A*s.

I was the go-to kid in the playground for Amiga games. Sam Fox strip poker was a good ace up one's sleeve. that used to trade highly!

That reminds me.  The Secret of Monkey Island, Cruise For a Corpse, Leisure Suit Larry :lol:

Did anyone ever play Cannon Fodder 3? Made by some completely random Russian dev, I never did try it, but it looked quite silly. The original was great though, as an idiot child on SNES though I was crap at it

Far too many old c64/amiga games to list  but a few that would stand out are :

Bubble Bobble, Rainbow Islands, Speedball 2, The Last Ninja & all of the Epyx Summer/Winter games series

Zelda Ocarina Of Time (N64)

Resident Evil 4 (Gamecube)

Shenmue (Dreamcast)

Phantasy Star Online (Dreamcast)

Alan Wake (Xbox 360)

• Like 1

In no particular order...

1) Zelda - Ocarina of Time

2) Resident Evil 2

3) Half-Life 2

4) Last of Us

5) Zelda - Link to the Past

6) Final Fantasy VII

7) Dead Space

8) Resident Evil 4

9) Secret of Mana

10) Uncharted 2

Notable mentions also go to...

Uncharted 4, Final Fantasy VIII, Final Fantasy IX, Day of the Tentacle, Full Throttle, Sam & Max, Goldeneye, Body Harvest, Eternal Darkness, Resident Evil (GC Remake), Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Zelda - Twilight Princess and Far Cry 3.

• Like 1

@BOF There you go, but I had to mix in a few PC in there,

Tie Fighter PC - The amount of time it took to perfect all the missions, and the addon-missions to save the Emperor from those rebel scum. Loved the total freedom within the game. I once left the Tie flying in one direction and went to school. It was still flying when I got home and I was quite a distance from my squadron

Full throttle PC - Best soundtrack and the coolest character ever in a game, Ben! (I'm not putting my lips on that)

Sam n Max hit the road PC - When a game turns into total comedy with genuine LOL moments. Max: Good lord, he's buck naked. Sam: So are you. Max: Yeah, but I'm cute and marketable.

Premier Manager AMIGA - The granddaddy where you had to start in the Conference but it had real players, oh the joy

Championship Manager 93 AMIGA - The grandson, so many hours/days/weeks etc. The reason I sort of support Crewe Alexandra to this day. The real start to the CM-FM we know today. Amazing data and stats.

Wing Commander 3 PC - The start of the use of multiple CDs with real cutscenes. Controlling Mark Hamill as he had to choose between Ginger Lynn (yes, that one) and the much better looking "Flint". Never got to sleep with both. Oh, and you had to fly space-missions and shoot down big cats and blow up a planet. And Malcolm McDowell was your boss

Wings AMIGA - WW1 fighter ace. Hunting down the Red Baron and bomb the shit out of convoys. And always getting earful from the Colonel.

Pinball Dreams/Fantasies/Illusions AMIGA - Muuuuuch cheaper than the real thing, and severely addictive

Formula One Grand Prix AMIGA - Best F1 game, and still is. A season took forever.

North and South AMIGA - Playing on the left side in the battles was harder for some reason. Great fun playing with your mates.

Honourable mention to Rebel Assault which was the game that made me ditch the Amiga and buy a PC. Those graphics :wub:

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Tegis said:

Wings AMIGA - WW1 fighter ace. Hunting down the Red Baron and bomb the shit out of convoys. And always getting earful from the Colonel.

Pinball Dreams/Fantasies/Illusions AMIGA - Muuuuuch cheaper than the real thing, and severely addictive

I remember Wings but for me F29 Retaliator was the best flight sim on the Amiga.  And yes I'd forgotten about the Pinball series by Digital Illusions.  They were very well made games.  Excellent graphics.  Very polished indeed.

i loved wings too, all/most of the cinemaware games were enjoyable, even the three stooges. Rocket Ranger was always a fave & still play defender of the crown to this day (usually drag out the philips cdi a couple of times per year for a run through).

As i said in my earlier post there are simply far too many from the c16/64/amiga era to narrow down to a top 10, The sheer amount of hours spent on football manager games like the original FM, the double, tracksuit manager, football director must be in the thousands. I have seen a few other faves mentioned such as north & south & lotus esprit turbo challenge too which is cool :)

If you haven't chipped a 20p shaped football onto your own head & ran the length of the length of the pitch into the "net" on international soccer you haven't lived

Anyone looking for a trip down memory lane could do worse than suggesting these books if someone is stuck for an xmas pressie for you.

packshot-amiga-book-hardback28-177x230.jc64-book-packshot68-177x230.jpg

http://www.funstockretro.co.uk/retro-gaming-books

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 1

No particular order and as I'm no gamer, not a very big list. 

Champ Manager 2 (PC) - I think I lost about 18 months to this game around 96/97. Had the special Italy, Spain, German and Dutch ones as well. Good time

Mario Kart (SNES) - best driving game I ever played

Sensible Soccer (Megadrive) - had some epic leagues with my mates on this around 94/95 time. Brilliant

Street Fighter 2 (SNES) - the ultimate fighting game

Howzat (Spectrum) - stick man cricket game. Played this heavily with my Dad... around 88/89 at a guess

...and that's it! Few older games I recall from my Spectrum days like Operation Wolf, Double Dragon, etc, but nothing memorable

For a bonus internet point... name the game (no cheating!)

outrun-usa-europe.png

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Xela said:

For a bonus internet point... name the game (no cheating!)

outrun-usa-europe.png

Do I get a bonus point for posting a video of someone playing the theme tune:

BTW - Kim Justice (above) is a quality gaming channel for British retro. Some of the best videos on the topic.

Â