Football Biographies

AJ

On 14/11/2016 at 20:11, mikeyp102 said:

God's is a great read. As is Best's. Rooney's poor.

Interested in Barton's 

Agreed. I actually found it quite difficult at times, but i would highly recommend it. 

God's book - Back From The Brink is a brilliant read as many have said. It's astounding to see that he's still alive after all he's been through. Drinking bleach is pretty horrific! 

I loved the bits about the USA World Cup and the insight into drinking culture amongst footballers in the 80's. 

To think he was one of the best defenders ever to grace the game, whilst either being pissed or hungover, and not training. It's mental. 

Gazza's book wasn't fun.  I thought it would packed full of funny memories, stories etc, but throughout about 80% of it he's just going on about being an alcoholic, how he wants to stop, how it's ruined his life and that he has a huge roll of paper with a timeline to his recovery on it (which obviously hasn't worked). 

I thought the best part of it was when he went to Lazio, but I didn't enjoy it at all.

Obviously he was in a bad way when he wrote it, but I didn't really want all of the detail about his alcoholism, I was more wanting to know about his career.

Â