Jump to content

Joey Barton


Barney_avfc
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Raver50032 said:

Evans was actually found to be innocent... in a court of law. Guilty of cheating on his girlfriend mind... but I'm sure a lot of footballers get tempted that way, and a lot of ordinary men. Evans has earned the right to have another chance at football - in spades. Did you have similar feelings to Merson when we signed him? The drug taking stuff included? It is different no doubt. But if you remain a staunch man of principle with Evans, then the same must be true of Merson.

The good old English legal system doesn't actually find people "innocent". On appeal, a jury decided that the prosecution had failed to prove beyond reasonable doubt that he committed the act without her consent. That's less resounding than saying he was innocent. The facts of the case, which are very tawdry indeed, remain the same and I would say Evans is pretty much tainted goods form now on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, troon_villan said:

Haha!

I honestly don't understand what Joey has done wrong here?

He had a disagreement with a teammate? Well **** me, that's outrageous!!!! Doesn't happen at every club in the league every other week..

As for the betting thing, that is stupid and everyone knows the rules on this by now...but honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if half the professional footballers don't break it every week.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I honestly don't understand what Joey has done wrong here?

He had a disagreement with a teammate? Well **** me, that's outrageous!!!! Doesn't happen at every club in the league every other week..

As for the betting thing, that is stupid and everyone knows the rules on this by now...but honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if half the professional footballers don't break it every week.

 

I agree with you, but Joey was a silly boy and did a bunch of radio interviews about it I re-call..can't imagine that going down well at any club

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • VT Supporter
3 hours ago, briny_ear said:

The good old English legal system doesn't actually find people "innocent". On appeal, a jury decided that the prosecution had failed to prove beyond reasonable doubt that he committed the act without her consent. That's less resounding than saying he was innocent. The facts of the case, which are very tawdry indeed, remain the same and I would say Evans is pretty much tainted goods form now on.

But he is innocent by default.

we are all innocent until proven guilty.

you can't be very innocent, there are no degrees of being innocent.....the prosecution failed to secure a verdict of guilty so he legally reverts back his position/status prior to the case.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Am I right in my understanding that he currently has no club so we can sign him with immediate effect? He could therfore be in the Villa XI in time for Brighton. With our current state of midfield (or lack of) this has got to be a good thing. A proper signing can then also be made come January.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
1 hour ago, Mr.Messy said:

Am I right in my understanding that he currently has no club so we can sign him with immediate effect? He could therfore be in the Villa XI in time for Brighton. With our current state of midfield (or lack of) this has got to be a good thing. A proper signing can then also be made come January.

No I don't believe so.

I think he would have had to have been released from his club 7 days before the summer window closed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


25 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I wouldn't say no. Yes we have sunk that low.

Christ. You're right. I'll not bother going next Friday I don't think...

Have people still not got over the fact that we've been relegated and have had to start again?

Don't look back in anger bro, it'll be ok in the end.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Raver50032 said:

Evans was actually found to be innocent... in a court of law. Guilty of cheating on his girlfriend mind... but I'm sure a lot of footballers get tempted that way, and a lot of ordinary men. Evans has earned the right to have another chance at football - in spades. Did you have similar feelings to Merson when we signed him? The drug taking stuff included? It is different no doubt. But if you remain a staunch man of principle with Evans, then the same must be true of Merson.

Blimey, thats me told then. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


I saw him play on my second visit of Villa Park. It was 10 years ago, Man City at Villa Park (we lost 1:3).

manc2v.jpg

He ran the show that night, MOTM - he was out standing, big future ahead for him i said... 10 years later, i'd love to see him in claret and blue but he's a huge risk.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â