Vaping

sidcow

There's a whole weird subculture in vaping of getting as big a cloud as possible and whatnot which is seemingly about being cool.

Like all things ostentatious its irritating to other people who have to encounter it. I don't like walking through clouds of cigarette smoke, and whilst it's obviously better, I'd rather not walk through a cloud of Panda Pop flavoured mist.

It's undoubtedly safer than smoking tobacco, which is filled with innumerable substances that are actively harmful to the body, although has its own dangers - the fluids with nicotine are hazardous if used incorrectly, and there should be more research into the effects of the flavour compounds on the lungs. But it's better than smoking tobacco nonetheless.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, coda said:

The liquids have warnings about toxicity and contact with skin. Don't understand how it's bad for skin but ok to inhale into lungs.

When you inhale it you're taking it tiny amounts of the liquid overall (just expanded in volume by the vaporisation process). When the liquid itself contacts the skin you could be absorbing dozens of times the amount you would take in a single vape hit. Nicotine is a very dangerous substance and the body absorbs it very well, hence skin contact could give you a lethal dose.

2 hours ago, Xela said:

I think some people vape to try and look cool... especially the big **** off ones that resemble a bassoon.

It always the same type of people using them. 

I agree but there is a small percentage  (myself included) who do use them as they should be used.

as I said before my one which creates the big clouds is only used in the comfort of my own home where it can't annoy anyone.

There is no doubt that the cloud chasing mods taste better than the little more cigarette like ones but they are so **** annoying when people use them in public places, I also agree that I'd rather someone else's cigarette smoke than someone's bubblegum flavoured cloud.

4 hours ago, Chindie said:

When you inhale it you're taking it tiny amounts of the liquid overall (just expanded in volume by the vaporisation process). When the liquid itself contacts the skin you could be absorbing dozens of times the amount you would take in a single vape hit. Nicotine is a very dangerous substance and the body absorbs it very well, hence skin contact could give you a lethal dose.

Ah didn't know it was nicotine poisoning. Thought there was some other problem ingredients and I was having visions of that horrific anti-smoking ad with the woman hooked up to an oxygen tank.

Â