limpid

Match Polls  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

On 2016-11-06 at 16:34, alreadyexists said:

Don't see what makes it a Man City song, other than that's who the two Gallagher brothers support? Hi Ho Silver Lining is by Jeff Beck who is from London and I'm pretty sure is a Spurs fan... by that logic that would make it a Spurs song.

Fair enough, I just feel that Oasis are more connected to Man C than just a singer in a band supporting a random team (Oasis songs being played as anthems at the games, Oasis inspired Man C t-shirts on sale, Oasis gigs at the stadium etc). It felt like being at Maine Road when I heard it being played at Villa Park... 

40 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Fair enough, I just feel that Oasis are more connected to Man C than just a singer in a band supporting a random team (Oasis songs being played as anthems at the games, Oasis inspired Man C t-shirts on sale, Oasis gigs at the stadium etc). It felt like being at Maine Road when I heard it being played at Villa Park... 

Fair enough mate, if it felt like that to you. Hopefully if we do keep singing it then you'll feel like we make it our own in time.

I'm sure Noel would say that Oasis made music for the people and that the people made the music what it is. They didn't make music solely for Manchester City fans. He would be chuffed I reckon.

Liam would probably call us bunch of words removed mind.

None of that really matters though, it's what it means to us. It captured the moment and the lyrics are poignant. Roll with it. 

• Like 2

I was chuffed with the win and the second half overall - I did not panic when they scored. This is how Bruce has been playing us since Reading... doing the bare minimum to hold off the opposition in the first half, and then upping our game for the second half to grab the win where we can. We're not fit enough to play pressing football for the whole game... yet. So we can expect a decent second half. Some of Villa's matches under Brian Little were like that too. It's careful team management for me. I also don't think we have good enough midfielders to just play two in the middle like that. We need better players in there to work that... Or we need a third in there, either in front, or more likely behind to help win/keep hold of the ball. The outcome of all this so far is that until things improve with the squad, we're likely to keep experiencing tepid first 45s... dull in fact... And that's what's been happening since Reading. But we're getting results, so all aboard from me. Happy to Roll With It to the January sales.

Kodjia was fantastic, Baker is making a real impact in defence and taking his chance with a run in the team to make the position his own right now. Baker for England (soon). :) 

I thought Adomah had his best game for us so far - especially in the second half. And Jedinak also seems to be improving.

I didn't boo Westwood when he came on - I'm not that sort. I did however mildly face-palm and take a deep breath.

Don't Look Back In Anger... (that will be our equivalent of Leicester's 'keep the faith' mantra soon).

11 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I'm sure Noel would say that Oasis made music for the people and that the people made the music what it is. They didn't make music solely for Manchester City fans. He would be chuffed I reckon.

Liam would probably call us bunch of words removed mind.

None of that really matters though, it's what it means to us. It captured the moment and the lyrics are poignant. Roll with it. 

post-14251-Eddie-Murphy-I-see-what-you-d

Â