The Villa Finance Thread

Avfc96

I was watching the Villa match in a pub on Friday when some drunken guy thought he would impress me with him Villa knowledge.m which was the usual superficial stuff. 

He then followed it up with telling me that O'Neill was his uncle and asking me what I thought of him, so I told him.

I'm nit sure wait was what he expected to hear, we didn't chat much after that. Which was nice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 year later...

So what has happened with FFP ?

Tony Xia said that having new owners would not effect it because it has nothing to do with how much $$$ the owners have, its to do with how much AVFC have.So what has happened now, we get new owners that are worth a few billion each and all of a sudden FFP seems to have gone away.Are we now in the same catagoey as Man $ity,ManUre and Liverpool as far as $$$ is concerned ?

1 hour ago, PussEKatt said:

So what has happened with FFP ?

Tony Xia said that having new owners would not effect it because it has nothing to do with how much $$$ the owners have, its to do with how much AVFC have.So what has happened now, we get new owners that are worth a few billion each and all of a sudden FFP seems to have gone away.Are we now in the same catagoey as Man $ity,ManUre and Liverpool as far as $$$ is concerned ?

Theres 2 scenarios in my opinion: 

1) Xia exaggerated the FFP problems to cover his own back, plus new owners have been given a bit of leniency to get finances in order. 

2) They have seen other fines handed out and decided to chance it and have another go, and take the consequences if and when. 

In reality its probably a little bit of all of those things. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Tony said:

Theres 2 scenarios in my opinion: 

1) Xia exaggerated the FFP problems to cover his own back, plus new owners have been given a bit of leniency to get finances in order. 

2) They have seen other fines handed out and decided to chance it and have another go, and take the consequences if and when. 

In reality its probably a little bit of all of those things. 

A third option: their lawyers/accountants believe there is a loophole(s) they can exploit to get money into the club without falling foul of FFP. 

21 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

One thing we probably haven’t thought of is can we actually afford to get rid of Bruce.. 

We we’re going to spend £6m on Bryan and £9m in January on the French defender. We can afford to sack him if the owners want to.

I'm sure I heard Bruce's contract expired at the end of last season and he is now on a monthly rolling contract...

Even if that is wrong and he has signed a new deal I imagine he would only have been offered 1 year, so not a massive hit to take.

27 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

I'm sure I heard Bruce's contract expired at the end of last season and he is now on a monthly rolling contract...

Even if that is wrong and he has signed a new deal I imagine he would only have been offered 1 year, so not a massive hit to take.

From what I have seen he's been on a one year rolling deal since he took over. So there's always 12 months of a pay off whenever he gets sacked.

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

From what I have seen he's been on a one year rolling deal since he took over. So there's always 12 months of a pay off whenever he gets sacked.

One would hope that when the new owners came in that they gave him his one year notice and then said to him, get us promoted and we will look to give you a new contract. That way if we did get rid during the year, the pay off would be less as it would only be the remaining term to pay.

It's what I would have done, I hope they did. 

2 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Be interesting to know where you heard that and what backs it up.

#campaignforflushingoutunsupportedspeculationonline

8 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Be interesting to know where you heard that and what backs it up.

#campaignforflushingoutunsupportedspeculationonline

Agreed. I'm sure it's been reported that Bruce is on a 1yr rolling contract so it never expires as such, as it always had 1yr remaining?

31 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

One would hope that when the new owners came in that they gave him his one year notice and then said to him, get us promoted and we will look to give you a new contract. That way if we did get rid during the year, the pay off would be less as it would only be the remaining term to pay.

It's what I would have done, I hope they did. 

Not sure that's legally possible.

2 hours ago, wilko154 said:

If it's a 12 month rolling contract, then it can never expire.

Unless he signed a new one with different clauses.

Â