The Villa Finance Thread

Avfc96

I've seen a few posters over the past few weeks discussing the state of our finances.

The 2015/16 accounts should be released in the new year, but the truth is we are a financial basket case of a club.To put this in perspective, most Premier Club's are now profit making with Villa possibly the only club not to have posted a profit in the past 10 years.

With the 15/16 accounts set to reveal a £5-10 million loss, the truth is we never once made a profit under Lerner's regime. Infact, the last time the club made a profit was 2002, when we made a meagre £342,196 profit.

I reckon we will post losses of £30 odd million for this season.

I don't think we brought in a second kit sponsor did we which is allowed? . Suprised by that. Also Suprised not to see other random sponsorship packages announced from Chinese companies. 

Maybe we will see that we have mysteriously sold hundreds of millions of replica kits in China instead. 

6 hours ago, Avfc96 said:

I've seen a few posters over the past few weeks discussing the state of our finances.

The 2015/16 accounts should be released in the new year, but the truth is we are a financial basket case of a club.To put this in perspective, most Premier Club's are now profit making with Villa possibly the only club not to have posted a profit in the past 10 years.

With the 15/16 accounts set to reveal a £5-10 million loss, the truth is we never once made a profit under Lerner's regime. Infact, the last time the club made a profit was 2002, when we made a meagre £342,196 profit.

To be fair, we were run by a complete tool and his Punch and Judy brigade.

I am sure the good Dr. himself will have us in profit in a few seasons, but while our rebuilding project is on-going it won't be an overnight fix.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

To be fair, we were run by a complete tool and his Punch and Judy brigade.

I am sure the good Dr. himself will have us in profit in a few seasons, but while our rebuilding project is on-going it won't be an overnight fix.

The only way we will ever be in profit is if we get promoted. Unless we stay in this league for 5+ years and cut our cloth to suit our measure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

The accounts won't show the spending by the Dr, they will only show up to around May 16.

If you included the spending by Dr X and the losses from leaving the premier league in one set of accounts there would be eye watering numbers in the accounts I bet.

11 hours ago, Avfc96 said:

Didn't we post losses like that when we in the PL? The loss of income this season compounded with the expenditure on wages, fees and another host of backroom sackings means I dread to think of what will be posted in 2018(?)

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Didn't we post losses like that when we in the PL? The loss of income this season compounded with the expenditure on wages, fees and another host of backroom sackings means I dread to think of what will be posted in 2018(?)

Will largely depend on how our expenditure this summer was financed...

Is it a loan, cash injection or something worse like using future income.

Ther will be huge loses but it's the nature of them that will be crucial.

2 hours ago, villa89 said:

the losses from leaving the premier league

Pedantry, but there are no losses from leaving the Prem. There is reduced income (from TV and probably sponsorship and shirt deals etc.) but not actual losses as an accounting entry.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Avfc96 said:

To put this in perspective, most Premier Club's are now profit making with Villa possibly the only club not to have posted a profit in the past 10 years.

my favourite thing about that being that when Deloitte did their investigation in to football finances as part of the document that preceded the FFP rules im sure they said we were the only PL club operating in the black (or 1 of 2) 

and same as last year there'll be hundreds of people with accounting qualifications popping up everywhere to tell us how bad everything is...

the truth is some people get paid a lot of money to put these accounts together, they'll say pretty much whatever the club wants them to say, they'll massage a lot of it

its for 2015/16 too so it should be all lerner still, the drop out the prem, tonys money, new sponsors etc is all next year

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Jareth said:

It'll be fine. Next years accounts will see all losses offset by sales of 50 million lotus villa health drinks in shengdong province. 

And half a billion replica shirts of course. 

Â