Gary Walsh

BOF

15 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

He was. He was also the goalkeeper present in goal for Man Utd when we beat them in the then 'Coca Cola Cup' final at wembley 3-1 in 1994. The good old Big Ron days!  :hooray:

No he wasn't.  Les Sealey was in goal for Utd that day. I just checked and found myself sucked into watching the highlights.

1 minute ago, claretman said:

No he wasn't.  Les Sealey was in goal for Utd that day. I just checked and found myself sucked into watching the highlights.

Was he sub keeper?  for some reason I had it etched in my head he was the goaly that day.

I think all new managers would prefer to work with their own team. In the past this has not always happened at Villa Park and that may have contributed to past managers not getting the results that the club were looking for. I'm glad that Brucie is getting the tools he wants to do the job that he has started so well. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Seems a odd appointment as it would seem to be a Bruce choice which goes against what Wyness said recently.

I don't think the identification of specific targets needs to be solely down to Wyness.  He may have final say and it may be his head on the chopping block if it doesn't pan out, but I think the bringing together of the coaching staff needs to be a joint effort between all of the people who are responsible for results on the pitch.  Wyness just happens to be at the top of that particular hierarchy.

Remember him totally missing the ball when trying to clear it for United against Bradford years ago and they scored from it.

A mate of mine has a son who played with Hull not too far back though and he says he's a quality coach.

8 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Was it not muted somewhere that he was originally trying to get Spink but he declined?

Yes. He coached for Bruce at Wigan and Sunderland but has now set up a white van hire business with a mate and wants to concentrate on that.

Gone from coach to van you could say, boom boom!

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Was he sub keeper?  for some reason I had it etched in my head he was the goaly that day.

You need to unetch it.....and while you are doing that have your "credentials" checked.

Gary walsh is having his done.:)

I'll get my coat.....

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
20 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Will never forget the sight of Gary Walsh, our goalkeeping coach, folder in hand, going through plays with Bolasie.

"so the goalie will try and boot it as far as he can, and your job is to try and wrestle with their CB's to try and win the ball if ends up anywhere near you" 

"Oh, and you'll be playing alone on top today, boss said not to forget to put your boots on"

Edited by sne

Â