Harry McKirdy

Villan4Life

50 minutes ago, villianusa said:

Scored a couple tonight against Cardiff in FA cup.

Equal top scorer in the FA Cup with 5 goals. Equal 2nd with 4? Nathan Delfouneso :P

Edited by Hornso

• 4 months later...
4 minutes ago, useless said:

Been released by Carlisle despite being their leading scorer with eleven goals and also contributing seven assists.

I’m sure Covid-19 will have affected Carlisle’s finances and many footballers will find themselves released sadly.

however, with stats like that I’m sure McKirdy will get picked up by another club soon. 

• Like 1

There were some quotes from the Carlise manager that came across quite critical to me... Stoke Sentinel

“I respect the skill sets he has got - 100 per cent I do. But I stopped playing at 29, and am 45 so have been coaching and managing different situations for a long time. To take something on a journey, the other person has got to want to go with you. And there are a lot of reasons why and why not. But without getting too detailed in it, you could tell his frustrations when we would lose games. He would try to take on the paddock….We’d win a game and really enjoy it, and he struggled. Harry wasn’t happy. He lives in Harry’s world. Harry needs to find a place where he is happy for those skill sets to be more consistent. I feel as though we improved him, I got quite a lot out of him in January.

But in terms of overall, I think he himself was quite happy to look at not being at Carlisle. So, I don’t want to get a footballer in a headlock and make him do something he doesn’t want to do. There is no real benefit to anybody in it in terms of protecting the club and the club’s assets. II could have put Harry in a corner in a contractual aspect. But ultimately in the current climate I can’t see (clubs) getting compensation for lower league players. And I can’t see, once someone is locked in who doesn’t want to be in the area, knuckling down and doing it to get out of it. It was the best thing to do and I wish him well. He is getting towards his mid-twenties now, he’s not 19 and you have to really crack on at this point otherwise it is too late. In football you blink and your career is gone.”   

I'm sure he'll have no trouble finding another team, might even end up in league one.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Sounds familiar. Sometimes I wonder, as a club, is one of the remits to produce people with highly inflated opinions of themselves aka bellends.

its not just a Villa issue, academy players are pampered not just at the club but by agents, family members, hanger ons. Its a systematic issue. Players havent done what Vardy or even the foreign stars like Aguero or Ronaldo has to get to the top. 

Heaton did an interview the other day he said Ferguson wouldn't let young players get too big for the boots and made them do regular things at the training ground to keep them grounded. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

its not just a Villa issue, academy players are pampered not just at the club but by agents, family members, hanger ons. Its a systematic issue. Players havent done what Vardy or even the foreign stars like Aguero or Ronaldo has to get to the top. 

Heaton did an interview the other day he said Ferguson wouldn't let young players get too big for the boots and made them do regular things at the training ground to keep them grounded. 

Yep you hear all the ex pros talking having to be boot boys when they young. They all say it kept them grounded and improved work ethic. They don’t do that now, and are then given huge contracts at a young age that they don’t know anything outside the lavish lifestyle. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Yep you hear all the ex pros talking having to be boot boys when they young. They all say it kept them grounded and improved work ethic. They don’t do that now, and are then given huge contracts at a young age that they don’t know anything outside the lavish lifestyle. 

Solanke is textbook example I think. Guy's barely scored a goal in senior football yet is lauded as some wonderkid because he was part of England under 20 world cup win. Was at Chelsea, wanted 50k a week apparently and Liverpool picked him up and probably gave him that deal. Bournemouth then signed him and probably wage increase on that.

He is 23 in September Just the 80 senior games and 8 goals (still to score for Bournemouth in the premier league) yet multimillonaire already. They also have Sam Surridge who's grafted away in loans at likes of Yeovil and Oldham so I reckon long term he'll have a bigger impact for Bournemouth in next 5 years.

Jordan Ibe is another who seems to have come off the rails in last two years, frequently in trouble off the pitch and barely makes the team anymore. Bournemouth releasing him end of the season.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 10/06/2020 at 13:47, VillaChris said:

Solanke is textbook example I think. Guy's barely scored a goal in senior football yet is lauded as some wonderkid because he was part of England under 20 world cup win. Was at Chelsea, wanted 50k a week apparently and Liverpool picked him up and probably gave him that deal. Bournemouth then signed him and probably wage increase on that.

He is 23 in September Just the 80 senior games and 8 goals (still to score for Bournemouth in the premier league) yet multimillonaire already. They also have Sam Surridge who's grafted away in loans at likes of Yeovil and Oldham so I reckon long term he'll have a bigger impact for Bournemouth in next 5 years.

Jordan Ibe is another who seems to have come off the rails in last two years, frequently in trouble off the pitch and barely makes the team anymore. Bournemouth releasing him end of the season.

Pretty sure solanke did get a couple in the PL for Bournemouth toward the end of the season but the rest of it is bang on.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
Â