Pre match thread

Sam3773

14 minutes ago, av1 said:

Has Steve been taking selection advice from RDM?

Joking aside, i like it. Bruce is experienced enough to know when he has to be pragmatic, and when he can go balls deep.

At home to a poor Blackburn side i think that is a good line up. 

Kenneth_Williams_Carry_On_Doctor(1967).j

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KSV said:

i am sure if we are getting overrun at home by blackburn he would change it and bring on Tishbola for Grealish.. lets see how we go in the 442.

Tshibola isn't the work horse some think he is. He strolls around when he isn't on the ball.

8 minutes ago, KHV said:

Everytime we have switched to a 2 in the middle it hasn't gone well, we will have to see how it goes. Jedinak has been atrocious in a two man midfield every time so far. Time will tell, always find it odd when managers change the way they go about games, especially as we haven't lost yet. I think there were better XI's to go with today

He's kept things tight made us difficult to beat but we need to start going out with more intent to win games. 

Fulham took a keeper mistake and a wonder finish to get the points. We can't rely on that if we have aims of promotion. 

I'm confident Bruce will make changes if it's not working. and Jedinak may be fully fit now. 

I see that line up a bit like this

Gollini

Hutton   Chester   Baker>

^

^                  Amavi

^    Gardner/Jedi  ^         \/

Adomah            <Grealish>

\/              ^            \/

<McCormack>

\/

<Kodjia>

Edited by Grasshopper

Looks good to me, midfield will however as always be the issue.

Guessing the plan is to have as much possession as possible in the Blackburn half, question is how we will react if we come under pressure.

Hopefully the attack will work and this won't become an issue, shame Lambert isn't still around at Blackburn, I'd feel even more confident if he was.

25 minutes ago, hoaxn said:

Not necessarily a 2 man midfield. I see it as Grealish and Adomah on the wings, McCormack behind Kodjia so he can get back and form a 3 man midfield when off the ball, but provide attacking support when on the ball.

2 midfielders = 2 man midfield.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

2 midfielders = 2 man midfield.

2 midfielders on the ball

3 midfielders off the ball

It all depends on the phase of play.

Edit: And if Grealish and Adomah are hardworking enough, it could be 5 off the ball.

Edited by hoaxn

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Looks like 4231 to me not 442

Gardner and Jedinak infornt of the back 4 with Adomah and Grealish wide and McCormack behind Kodjia is how I see it