• Adomah
    • Ayew
    • Kodjia
    • McCormack (Adomah 26)
    • Agbonlahor (Ayew 81)
    • Gestede (Westwood 87)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

My gut reaction to that result and performance is disappointment. We are better than them. On paper.

But, I get it. Do not lose. We didn't lose. We tried to knick it and that it is okay to me.

The old cliché with a derby, is form means little, and in our position losing would have been really damaging. So we have successfully navigated this tough test, away from home and continue an unbeaten run (when was the last time we could say that without embarrassment?).

I should imagine tomorrow they'll have a quick look back and then look forward.

Oh and Gabby with fire in his belly? It inspired me, he's been pillared from all sides for a long, long time. Great to see him back,  get a good reception and hopefully he'll get back to his best. If he does, he'll scare championship defences and nicely compliment our strike force. Can only be a good thing.

On we go and upwards we look.

Edited by PompeyVillan
  • Like 3

As good as jedinak was at winning the ball the constant hoof to no-one was infuriating. We invited all the pressure on ourselves, the few times we did keep it on the deck and got it out wide we looked much more dangerous.

Can't complain with the draw, back to winning ways against Blackburn please.

I don't think it's luck. We were very organised in the back half - something we've been desperate to see.

And it was great to see us finally pressing the opposition all over the pitch rather than just making half-hearted attempts at interceptions.

We still need to work as a team in the final third. Too many solos and not enough harmonies.

And Ryan Shotton - what a filthy **** word removed cheat. 

It was as frenetic and chaotic as I expected from a Sha derby game... we were good and solid defensively, even if we were a little lucky not to concede a couple of times. 

Bruce has set us up well, unbeaten in four (and actually unbeaten full stop), I'm pleased with a point all things considered. Onwards to the next 3 pts  at Blackburn please.

47 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

Still can't believe we held the 2001 Worthington Cup finalists to a draw. 

To be fair, they won the league cup in 2011. Our latest cup win was the same trophy in 1996...We've been making up the numbers for 2 **** decades.

Edited by Davkaus

Considering the position we have been in.....that was a good draw for us.

they are physically fitter than us, but we have potentially superior quality.....The game was played to suit them and the ball spent most of the time in the air, that will favour a muscular team. They were also quicker to the ball, not to mention Shottons dominance in the air.

we failed to apply our superior quality.....but in a derby thats usually the case.

There is much work to do

but hey!  We were away from home and got a point.....they will be more disappointed than us.

a few of our players worried me....Hutton and westwood was losing too many one on ones and despite the well crafted goal Gary was losing his man too often.

I could see their goal coming way before it did, which kinda added to my disappointment.

ps .....but a couple of weeks back, we would have lost that.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

To be fair, they won the league cup in 2011. Our latest cup win was the same trophy in 1996...We've been making up the numbers for 2 **** decades.

I have a suspicion you missed the scarf.. 

• Like 4

Wow, 2 wins and 2 draws under Brucey. 

I'm to suffer from vertigo. All that matters in this league is points and we got one today so who cares how well/badly we performed? Bruce brings us points. 

Edited by briny_ear

I really do think that we need to up our fitness drastically

they looked as fit as a butchers dog......we looked a pale shadow in comparison.

ps we try to play through players too often, need to get sharper on the ball.

Edited by TRO

The football wasn't pretty today, but i'll accept it because it was a derby, players from both sides didn't have any time on the ball so it was a very scrappy match. Having said that, it's been a good start from Bruce, 3 points against Blackburn next Saturday will make it a great one. 

Â