Top Gear

Jez

Saw a picture of James May being interviewed outside his house, headline to the picture

"Clarkson sacked"

Sub headline

"Bbc say his contract won't be renewed"

They are 2 different things

I think it's being a tad pedantic to call that one out.   "sacked" has always been an informal term for being dismissed from employment which is essentially what has happened to Clarkson.  

No, his contract wasn't terminated with immediate effect but he's no longer working for the BBC and the decision wasn't on his terms.  I wouldn't lose any sleep over somebody describing that as being sacked.   

I suppose Clarkson could stand as a candidate for Labour.

When Prescott punched a member of the public he kept his job and I can't remember any outraged Lefties demanding his head.

MMV you're so right. It's exactly the same thing.

Exact facsimilie of the exact same exact circumstances, exactly.

But you already know that, you mischievous little monkey.

• Like 1

I have read that Mark Thompson bit a colleague when he was a producer, but then went on to become DG. Doesn't seem consistent does it?

Would this be the Mark Thompson that complained the BBC had a lefty bias, refused to air the Gaza Appeal, was known to be pro Israeli and was ok with putting Nick Griffin on Question Time?

Guess somebody somewhere at the Beeb finally grew a backbone and just decided enough was enough with right wing loons getting away with outrages at the BBC and made a stand at what thankfully became the last of many Clarkson offences.

Saw a picture of James May being interviewed outside his house, headline to the picture

"Clarkson sacked"

Sub headline

"Bbc say his contract won't be renewed"

They are 2 different things

I think it's being a tad pedantic to call that one out.   "sacked" has always been an informal term for being dismissed from employment which is essentially what has happened to Clarkson.  

No, his contract wasn't terminated with immediate effect but he's no longer working for the BBC and the decision wasn't on his terms.  I wouldn't lose any sleep over somebody describing that as being sacked.   

i dont think it is pedantic, him being sacked gets the reaction that the BBC, the shows producers and probably clarkson himself all want

not having his contract renewed and him slipping away in to the night doesnt do anyone any favours

everything about this stinks of another top gear publicity team special

I have read that Mark Thompson bit a colleague

I've been bitten by a colleague.

First Christmas party at the place I now work, a Director / Owner was sat next to me, reached over and tried to take a king prawn from my plate. No warning, no request, no cheeky conversation that suggested he was going to do something comical.

He reached across and picked up my food. So instinctively I gave him a fairly stiff jab in the back of the hand with my fork. He grabbed my hand and bit it.

So I really bloody hit him hard with the fork until he stopped biting.

At which point it all went a bit crazy for a brief moment until we were pulled apart by other folks.

It was agreed this was Christmas hi jinx and left at that.

Turned out he had some form for 'being silly'.

I suppose Clarkson could stand as a candidate for Labour.

When Prescott punched a member of the public he kept his job and I can't remember any outraged Lefties demanding his head.

MMV you're so right. It's exactly the same thing.

Exact facsimilie of the exact same exact circumstances, exactly.

But you already know that, you mischievous little monkey.

I think the best example would be to compare when Prescott punched a member of the public for throwing an egg at him, and Clarkson not punching a member of the public when he was assaulted with a cream pie, after he picked up his honorary degree at Cambridge.

26_FB910_F00000578_3011998_image_a_86_14

Clarkson merely complimented his assailant with a retort of, 'Good shot!',

In defence of the Beed - the lefties think its a televised Daily Mail and the right think they're all lentil scoffing communist sympathisers.

To me that means they are doing exactly the right job.

The BBC is brilliant and EVERYONE should just leave the poor old dear alone.

• Like 4

In defence of the Beed - the lefties think its a televised Daily Mail and the right think they're all lentil scoffing communist sympathisers.

To me that means they are doing exactly the right job.

The BBC is brilliant and EVERYONE should just leave the poor old dear alone.

Yeah, but even if I don't bother them at all, they still keep telling me I owe them money.

People have gone to jail for not paying them. 

Fair's fair!