Away fans lock in

andykeenan

I remember years ago (may have even been the 5-1 making, coming out of the holte end and the police had put barriers up to block us all in the car park. Of course we were all loving it, lifted the barriers up in the air, passing them over our heads and going nuts, but no one was actually trying to get out, was just a massive party. 

But, what it allowed was them to get the away fans out onto their coaches before we even left the stadium. There's no sense in allowing the majority of the attendance out when they will be more difficult to police. Get the minority out and assure they are gone, and then allow the majority out after. They've got this completely the wrong way around. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

I remember years ago (may have even been the 5-1 making, coming out of the holte end and the police had put barriers up to block us all in the car park. Of course we were all loving it, lifted the barriers up in the air, passing them over our heads and going nuts, but no one was actually trying to get out, was just a massive party. 

But, what it allowed was them to get the away fans out onto their coaches before we even left the stadium. There's no sense in allowing the majority of the attendance out when they will be more difficult to police. Get the minority out and assure they are gone, and then allow the majority out after. They've got this completely the wrong way around. 

Would not take them long to shift 2k fans either. Thing is, the blues fans would probably start rioting if they lost and had to be kept in.

20 hours ago, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

Except for the fact they'd get pissed off and invade the pitch, The stewards wouldn't be able to hold their fans for 30 minutes  nor would they want too. 

On 27 October 2016 at 09:43, Grasshopper said:

The Scum make West Ham Millwall & Glasgow look like apprentices.

Someone should just nuke The SHA, be good for greenhouse gasses and global warming

Well OTT. It's just Blues. Just because they shout Zulus gonna get ya before making their way back to their nursing home don't make them scary. They're the biggest keyboard warriors on the planet.

• Like 3

it'll be for the benefit of the coaches and the police and club did advise everyone to go by coach so i can see where they're coming from, the reality is they dont want you walking to the ground

i actually think the police and the 2 clubs have made some sensible agreements between them

15 minutes ago, alexpayne said:

Well OTT. It's just Blues. Just because they shout Zulus gonna get ya before making their way back to their nursing home don't make them scary. They're the biggest keyboard warriors on the planet.

Blues fans are about as scary as Mary Berry. Not a patch on going to Millwall, especially the old Millwall on Cold Blow Lane. That was horrific!

• Like 1

It ain't a walk in the park. I've been twice before and never had my head kicked in. Few bottles to dodge but thats about it. Its not as if we're going to Syria. I'm pissed off theres a lock in n all, put a line of police across the blues fans outside the gates of the away end, let us walk down the hill. However, if we do win, 30 minutes extra taking the piss will be fun.

The timing of this is great, some of the lads who have started attending away games in the last 3/4 years and think Albion are our main rivals will see what a REAL local derby atmosphere is. Outsing the Albion with that shitty drum every year, Sunday will be red hot, bring it on 

• Like 1

On 26/10/2016 at 22:14, sidcow said:

I went there in about 84/85 when I was young age 14/15 and very innocent about what it was like. 

I got separated from my mates,  the highly aggressive police kept us in for a while then let us out. I remember being a young kid on my own walking down past The Watering Hole when some monster bloke with a neck like a bull covered in tattoo's (in the days before anyone except nutters had them) suddenly bellowed in a voice which reverberated round the vicinity "where are you Villa?" 

This reminds of the time I was walking through Birmingham City centre. I'd just turned 16 and on my own, wearing my Villa shirt, walked through a quiet area between some shops, minding my own business. When all of a sudden, a bloke just like the one you described walked up to me and decided to full on shoulder barge me in to a shop window. It shook me up a bit, and left me thinking there must be something seriously wrong with someone who would do that to a young lad, just because of a shirt. 

Ive seen nothing in the 20 years since that's changed my impression of SHA fans. 

• Like 2

SHA fans can be arseholess, but we're not whiter than white; I have seen Villa fans do some pretty nasty things when playing Blues and Coventry for that matter. Generally speaking, "most" who go to these games just like the banter and verbals - they act out a bit and give it the big n with the crowd, but actually do f**k all.  Just got to watch out for the idiots who don't know where the line is.  Been to the sty a few times; just have to use your loaf e.g. don't get isolated walking about with Villa colours on, especially if we smash them on the pitch.  

Edit: 'when' we smash them on the pitch!

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

SHA fans can be arseholess, but we're not whiter than white; I have seen with my own eyes Villa fans do some pretty nasty things when playing Blues and Coventry. Generally speaking, "most" who go to these games just like the banter and verbals - they act out a bit and give it the big n with the crowd, but actually do f**k all.  Just got to watch out for the idiots who don't know where the line is.  Been to the sty a few times; just have to use your loaf e.g. don't get isolated walking about with Villa colours on, especially if we smash them on the pitch.  

Its the bollocks they come out with. All Villa fans are posh glory hunters who vote Tory, next minute we're the tramp historians who don't have homes. As I said, generally they're all just mouth. Don't wear colours, stick together and it'll be fine. 

7 hours ago, alexpayne said:

The timing of this is great, some of the lads who have started attending away games in the last 3/4 years and think Albion are our main rivals will see what a REAL local derby atmosphere is. 

I don't know a single Villa fan who thinks this? 

1 hour ago, alexpayne said:

I personally know and know of plenty. 

Hmmmm.

I mean as a kid it was only ever Small Heath. Some people see West Brom as a rival which is fair enough, quite a few including myself don't really care about them. Unless they're very young I'm not really sure how that has escaped their attention, that some Villa fans don't even see Albion as much of a "derby" at all. At worst they're a bit deluded and mildly obsessed, it's rather quaint. You'd be hard pressed to find a Villa fan who feels that way about the shit. 

This is THE derby. To end all derby's. I feel like we're 2 days away from heading to war. 

I've never considered West Brom as a real derby. Perhaps it's because for the first 15 or so years of supporting Villa they weren't really in the same league. I always saw Wolves as their main derby, they were in the same league for a long time. I guess newer fans could see it differently, still seems strange though. The difference in intensity when we play the blues is huge. The pure hatred, anger and desire to put one over the other side is massive. I don't think it compares anyway near to West Brom. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Hmmmm.

I mean as a kid it was only ever Small Heath. Some people see West Brom as a rival which is fair enough, quite a few including myself don't really care about them. Unless they're very young I'm not really sure how that has escaped their attention, that some Villa fans don't even see Albion as much of a "derby" at all. At worst they're a bit deluded and mildly obsessed, it's rather quaint. You'd be hard pressed to find a Villa fan who feels that way about the shit. 

This is THE derby. To end all derby's. I feel like we're 2 days away from heading to war. 

Yeah for me it took 10 years of Villa to experience a real derby, when I started going it was mid 90's early 00's so big games were Cov and Man U. But it all changed when they came up, I hated watching us lose 3 0 on the telly, all their cnut fans on the pitch and I experienced first hand what a second city derby was on 03/03/03. Its been pure hatred ever since.

But some of our fans aged below 20 won't have been Small Heath away, the won't have really noticed that tension that comes with playing blues. All they'll know is Albion and that drum and some shit song about Popeye. I dislike Albion, and its got a lot more heated in the last few years, but I **** hate Birmingham City. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I've never considered West Brom as a real derby. Perhaps it's because for the first 15 or so years of supporting Villa they weren't really in the same league. I always saw Wolves as their main derby, they were in the same league for a long time. I guess newer fans could see it differently, still seems strange though. The difference in intensity when we play the blues is huge. The pure hatred, anger and desire to put one over the other side is massive. I don't think it compares anyway near to West Brom. 

This is what I'm saying, people have built Albion up to be something that its not because its all we've had in the last few years. The tension and atmosphere when we play the shit is huge. Not helped by the fact last season was dog shit and even though we beat them, it was a smaller crowd than we all expected and it was a massive anti-climax

3 hours ago, alexpayne said:

All they'll know is Albion and that drum and some shit song about Popeye. 

Exactly. Albion are just meh. Outside of Smethwick nobody really gives a **** about them, I'd say they're like water but water has a purpose, it's essential to life. They're more like that lonely old 'day of the week' sock you keep finding in the draw because you instantly forget to throw it out. Not a cool day like a 'Saturday' either. They're a **** Wednesday. 

At least the shit have the mindset to wallow in their own filth making lots of noise like the dirty little pig **** they are. They make me pay attention to them, I love beating them down as a result. I hate them for it and I bless them for it. I hate them for making me hate them, but at least I feel something. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, alexpayne said:

The tension and atmosphere when we play the shit is huge. Not helped by the fact last season was dog shit and even though we beat them, it was a smaller crowd than we all expected and it was a massive anti-climax

Agree with that too. I've been seeing the Gestede goal all week and even though I was there in my usual place, I feel nothing for it. 

This time I'm proper pumped. I'm ready. Like old times. 

Â