Yellow Card Watch

Demitri_C

We seem to have already a significant amount of yellow cards this season. if I am not mistaken Ayew, McCormack and Elphick are all on 4 yellows therefore if any get banned vs Fulham they will miss the game at the Sty. Has our play really got that much more aggressive? When did we become such a dirty side?

I don't recall any dreadful challenges or aggression - apart from Grealish v Wolves. I just think there have been a lot of clumsy challenges and the way we have played has meant we have looked tired towards the end of games - perhaps we are collecting most of the yellows then? Would be interesting to know but I can't go and look at the stats right now. 

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

When did we become such a dirty side?

We haven't. There have been 14 games this season and we are yet to see a player banned for picking up too many yellows or being sent off. The only player to receive a ban is Grealish based on video evidence.

I’d imagine that stacks up pretty well to most teams. I think we don’t get stuck in enough especially in midfield.

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

When did we become such a dirty side?

'Dirty' is open to debate but ... in the spirit of the question - It happened when we started buying the leaders and captains we so craved who get stuck in, instead of the softies that they've replaced.  I'm all for it.  Crack some heads.

EDIT : I'm not sure how up-to-date or accurate this is.  Current Fair Play table according to ESPN.

a7a7d55bc3e3eafcc164d34b158ae997.png

Absolutely,not saying its a bad thing at all, but I am sure we must have one of the most yellow carded teams in the league. 

EDIT you just uploaded it well done sir! 

Edited by Demitri_C

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Absolutely,not saying its a bad thing at all, but I am sure we must have one of the most yellow carded teams in the league. Your the stat man find it :mrgreen:

We're top of the yellows (see above).  The reds put us into second though :(

16 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

We've had a horrible amount of yellow cards for dissent this year. Is really frustrating that we keep picking up unnecessary yellows for it but it's a sign we're up for the fight I suppose.

I'll give you that :) I'd rather a yellow for knocking someone on their hole than for dissent. Dissent is a waste of a good yellow. 

16 hours ago, Zatman said:

Isnt Tshibola due a ban as well for a Under 21 red card?

Doesnt count for championship level apparently

16 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Just been looking at the FA site which says 4 players are on 4 yellows: Elphick, McCormack, Jedinak and Ayew. Looks like the squad could be a bit depleted over the next few weeks unless they behave. 

Knowing our luck all four get booked saturday and we wont have a squad against blose

• Like 1

Rudy likes playing SHA so no issue upfront.

Be interesting to see the timings of the bookings....my instinct is we pick up a couple in the last few minutes of games due to the frustration of all the late goals but could be wrong on that.

It's a strange one though....tell the refs we're a big team in this league!

Â