Aston Villa Away Support

villa4europe

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Small Heath are saying we failed to sell out our allocation today. Can't be true surely? Sold out in 24 hours didn't it.

Fancy that. . . Bluenoses making up a load of blolliockus about us. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

On 30 October 2016 at 19:46, kurtsimonw said:

Sold out at about 17:10 on the day we played Barnsley.

Am I right in thinking every away game (including Brighton) has sold out bar Barnsley? If I'm right, absolutely unbelievable support from all of you that are able to go home and away!!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Great numbers again today but has anyone noticed how quiet we are this season away from home. Personally I think it's because the expectation level is high and we are being left disappointed hence why our away support is quiet at times. Last season we were a lot more vocal even though we knew we would get beat most games. Maybe I'm wrong but it just seems that way to me.

The acoustics arent great for away fans at Molineux but generally speaking i think the away support has been superb this season. Noise wise there seems to be the initial ten minute repertoire of songs and then the focus turns to the match and the inevitable dread and apprehension takes over.

I guess theres only so many defeats you can witness before singing "the greatest team the world has ever seen" starts to tire.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Great numbers again today but has anyone noticed how quiet we are this season away from home. Personally I think it's because the expectation level is high and we are being left disappointed hence why our away support is quiet at times. Last season we were a lot more vocal even though we knew we would get beat most games. Maybe I'm wrong but it just seems that way to me.

fans at Spurs game were extremely noisy though not as noisy as one lad singing a Harry Winks song to get recognised by BBC  for Spurs great home support ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, One For The Road said:

Yesterday, Norwich and Cardiff are the 3 quietest away games I've been too in a long time. We were great at Brighton and Barnsley but other than that it's been poor for atmosphere this season.

Expectation that's why. 

Â