Aston Villa Away Support

villa4europe

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

change this thread to "our support"

CvHY6LrXYAEhh0X.jpg:large

reading dont really have a decent forum but i did see several of their fans claiming we were the best they'd ever had down there

We have a fantastic away following. I think those figures are actually wrong though. We took 4300 to Reading and have played 7 away games and the average figure must be higher than the one quoted. Sheff Wed was 4.5k, Derby 3k,Bristol 2.5k, Ipswich 1.9k Barnsley 3.7k, Preston 5.7k and Reading 4.3k. The average is about 3700 which is remarkable.

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

change this thread to "our support"

CvHY6LrXYAEhh0X.jpg:large

reading dont really have a decent forum but i did see several of their fans claiming we were the best they'd ever had down there

There's a case for keeping threads separate as they're so very different.

Like a bit softy I had a tear in my eye this morning while looking at a few clips of the fans last night.

I ummed and ahhed whether to go last night as its one of the easier games for me to get to. For family reasons turns out it was a good job I didn't. Wish I was there though.

I've had a few noses trying to slate our fans last night, and laughing because of how we celebrated, and that some of them went on the pitch. I pointed out to one, that if you can't celebrate a last min winner, in your first away win in 438 days then there's no point going to watch football. I also told him to go look at the twitter, and the props we were getting from some Reading fans. He didn't reply.  

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 1

Can't quite understand the "best fans we've had" from some reading lads.

we were quiet for long periods in that game. Due to what was on offer. 

Compared to the racket we've made in the past and other aways I've been to.

The last 15 and after final whistle was back to where we've been. 

Guess our competition isn't so good in this league. 

46 minutes ago, spiezels said:

Can't quite understand the "best fans we've had" from some reading lads.

we were quiet for long periods in that game. Due to what was on offer. 

Compared to the racket we've made in the past and other aways I've been to.

The last 15 and after final whistle was back to where we've been. 

Guess our competition isn't so good in this league. 

That was the loudest we've been this season aside from the first 30 vs Bristol and other than last season when we were in relegation party mode, most consistent we've been for a couple of years IMO. I thought we were 'quiet' for about 10 minutes after they scored, which is a natural reaction. We had a good mix, 'singing sections' on either side of the stand and the noise was fairly evenly distributed. I don't think there was a moment when one of the sides weren't singing something, anything. 

It's not necessarily the consistency either, it's how **** loud we were. It's often hard to tell when you're in the midst of it, but you can tell from the videos for sure. I wouldn't be surprised if they heard us in Maidenhead last night. 

Our competition isn't so good in any division, that's their main point. It's what they all say, every time. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

I was listening on radio Berkshire last night and the fans sounded amazing. Passed my headphones to the wife after the final whistle and she commented on how amazing they sounded. I didn't want the radio coverage to end! 

I get to more away games than home due to me living up north and the support is always fantastic and after all of the rubbish we have endured the fans are entitled to go mad! 

I used to love away games but frankly it's been so depressing the last couple of years I have barely wanted to turn up at Villa Park let alone traipse half way round the country to watch another awful performance so have not done one for a while. 

I was determined to do some this year,  tick off new grounds etc but I literally haven't been able to get a ticket such has been the demand I have not met the qualifiation criteria. Getting worried now as me and a Wolves supporting mate have big plans for the game at their place and I might not get a blimmin ticket! 

Anyway I heard our fans all night loud and proud on the wireless

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

That was the loudest we've been this season aside from the first 30 vs Bristol and other than last season when we were in relegation party mode, most consistent we've been for a couple of years IMO. I thought we were 'quiet' for about 10 minutes after they scored, which is a natural reaction. We had a good mix, 'singing sections' on either side of the stand and the noise was fairly evenly distributed. I don't think there was a moment when one of the sides weren't singing something, anything. 

It's not necessarily the consistency either, it's how **** loud we were. It's often hard to tell when you're in the midst of it, but you can tell from the videos for sure. I wouldn't be surprised if they heard us in Maidenhead last night. 

Our competition isn't so good in any division, that's their main point. It's what they all say, every time. 

Fair enough, I was near the home fans on the right so maybe I was clouded by the cockney bastards.

the last 15 and after final whistle was epic, literally had to stop myself crying haha. 

Bring on St Andrews. First time there. 

UTV! 

1 hour ago, spiezels said:

Fair enough, I was near the home fans on the right so maybe I was clouded by the cockney bastards.

the last 15 and after final whistle was epic, literally had to stop myself crying haha. 

Bring on St Andrews. First time there. 

UTV! 

Didn't know you could hear the bow bells from Reading .

Â