• Gestede
    • Ayew (Gestede 77)
    • Amavi (Cissokho 77)
    • McCormack (Kodjia 86)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

How shit must you be feeling as a Reading fan now? If I was one I would take time off work tomorrow and visit a therapist.

To be honest, if what you said was true, we all must have visited a therapist for many times in the last couple of months....

• Like 2

Aston Villa manager Steve Bruce:

"I have to pay special mention to the supporters in the last 10 minutes. I think they breathed life into the lads.

"They've had a tough time and we've got to try and restore a bit of belief and that's all we've done tonight.

"It's nice to win a game late on as the previous management lost 10 points from goals conceded in the last minute of games. If they hadn't done, I probably wouldn't be here.

"I've been given the privilege to manage this club and I've now got to do my best to turn this juggernaut around.

"Let's hope this can be the first of a few wins and we can get this season back up and running again."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37614900

We realistically should already be top 6 ffs, shocking!

16 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I am not going to call for a Steve Bruce masturbation fest as the Bruce doom mongers would like to call it but can we please give Mr Bruce some credit here. 

I saw many many comments after the Wolves game that he would have to be some kind of miracle worker to get anything out of this lot. 

Well today he did. After just a few hours on the training pitch with them. 

A lot of people criticised the team selection.  What I think happened here is that he looked at what he had and tried to make the best of it. I think this is the first time we have played with 4 "proper" midfielders this season or certainly recently. 

The game basically went that we were using our now much bolstered midfield full of dour players to allow Reading (who are doing OK so far this year by the way) lots of possession,  which they had,  but not really let them have many opportunities. 

Then we picked them off occasionally where we could, which we did. 

We ended up with the most defensive minded midfield we have had for ages scoring twice to win the game whst we had 13 shots 6 of which were on target. 

I know Reading eventually had their share of chances to but so have everyone else so that's not what's different today. 

A lot of people wanted a progressive manager brought in to try and build a dynasty. I have to say for me the Wolves Game was a real eye opener. I am convinced that that type of manager would have to build that from league 1.

Doomsayers. I am not going overboard with an OTT Bruce love in but he today showed his talent picking a team to do the job required. Some choices were unpopular but he got the job done and 6 shots on target (2 of which were sitters by the sound of it) shows he did it in an effective manner. 

Now we have a base to build on and Bruce earns himself a few more hours on the training pitch learning more about his players and trying to get his ideas over to them and hopefully in a more positive atmosphere. 

Job well done. 

Jose mourinho did a similar job at Anfield, last night.......sometimes needs must.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Â