The future is still bright

Dodgyknees

I'm usually quite negative. I think the past few years took a lot out of me. Pre-crapness I was actually quite positive about Villa!

I think we are all suffering from a massive hangover from the past 5 years. And there is one man to blame for that - Randy Lerner. We all know his mistakes and this created a team of losers from top to bottom. But that isn't what this post is about, we have been there and done that a hundred times.

But the hangover remains, for fans and those at the club. I don't think this is something which will be easy to put an end to, because every time we take a step backwards there is a panic mode we all go into. I think anyway.

And even though we have a huge number of new players, I cannot imagine what the negativity is like at the club - and maybe that was the first mistake by Xia, not bringing in a strong experienced manager at the beginning - somebody like Bruce.

But saying that we are a big club and there is nothing like a winning Villa with a buzzing Villa Park! Once things click and the wounds heal I can't see why we can't bounce back from it and become stronger. This has been the hardest period for the club for more than 20 years and I would think there aren't many at the club who have a clue how to recover. But Bruce does.

There are thousands of people under 25 who only know Villa as a top league team. Hundreds who can't remember struggles from before. So imagine how hard it would be for those working at the club?

I think Bruce is the right man to settle things down so we can look forwards again. It probably won't be easy and there are still wounds to heal, but I still think the future is bright. We just need to come together... somehow, to support the club.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, DK82 said:

I'm usually quite negative. I think the past few years took a lot out of me. Pre-crapness I was actually quite positive about Villa!

I think we are all suffering from a massive hangover from the past 5 years. And there is one man to blame for that - Randy Lerner. We all know his mistakes and this created a team of losers from top to bottom. But that isn't what this post is about, we have been there and done that a hundred times.

But the hangover remains, for fans and those at the club. I don't think this is something which will be easy to put an end to, because every time we take a step backwards there is a panic mode we all go into. I think anyway.

And even though we have a huge number of new players, I cannot imagine what the negativity is like at the club - and maybe that was the first mistake by Xia, not bringing in a strong experienced manager at the beginning - somebody like Bruce.

But saying that we are a big club and there is nothing like a winning Villa with a buzzing Villa Park! Once things click and the wounds heal I can't see why we can't bounce back from it and become stronger. This has been the hardest period for the club for more than 20 years and I would think there aren't many at the club who have a clue how to recover. But Bruce does.

There are thousands of people under 25 who only know Villa as a top league team. Hundreds who can't remember struggles from before. So imagine how hard it would be for those working at the club?

I think Bruce is the right man to settle things down so we can look forwards again. It probably won't be easy and there are still wounds to heal, but I still think the future is bright. We just need to come together... somehow, to support the club.

Good post

You are right its just trying to turn that corner and that period has ingrained itself in the fabric of the club.....even new people have made mistakes.

We the fans have also become impatient and it is quite understandable, because of the 5-6 years of it.

Steve Bruce has only just seen it for himself....Hopefully he will bring in players that will help arrest it , because I don't think we have.

This season for me is about avoiding the drop and consolidating our position, bringing in some durability and robustness in to our play.....I really don't see any further than that.

We need to concentrate on getting our game right, start winning and then see where it takes us......no targets.

Then We need to prepare for an assault next season.

I wish people would stop with the 'we are a big club' we are starting to sound like Liverpool :(

Think we can officially write this season off as far as promotion goes, we just need to start playing some football and keep ourselves out of trouble until January when Bruce can sort out the midfield which is currently our main problem area.

Once January is here we should be able to start climbing the table and pick up some form which we can then continue on into next season, a bit like Leicester did in the Premier League last season.

Â