Happy Birthday Tottenham, Indeed.

JohnCresswell

Im also disappointed with the result to lose a three goal lead to any team is terrible really.

But i think there last goal made up for gabby's interference (from offside) in one of our goals... but i still feel hard done to as it was the equaliser.

But i think it was like playing with 9 men last few minutes with Harewood and PEtrov on the clowns - was bad decision but should be able to cope with the attacks without stupid mistakes - like harewood's the moron.

Was thrilled at 4-1 and humiliated at 4-4 and that summarises my attitude- is brilliant to score 4 away but to not get a result when doign it is criminal.

BETTER PERFORMANCE NEXT TIME LADS

£12M for stop-gaps?

Think Petrov has underperformed by miles and was never thought of as a stop-gap signing. BUT Harewood definatly is, atleast i hope he is. And £ 4 Mill for a stop-gap in the current market isnt that much.

Where I do agree is that our inability, collectively, to look after the ball was essentially the cause of our dropping some points

It is essential that when you get the ball, you don't just hoof it up the pitch as we did too often, but pass it to the players with pace and skill.

Personally I thought Barry and NRC were poor all night, and the quotes above reinforce that. Reo Coker didn't put a tackle in all night after picking up a stupid yellow card for a needless challenge. Barry seemed unable/unwilling to match Huddlestone physically.....

The manager can't know that Harewood was going to be so utterly blunderingly stupid as he was.

Agreed, but he didn't cost us the game as many are saying. I WISH VILLA FANS WOULD LEARN NOT TO MAKE ONE PLAYER A SCAPEGOAT!!! We conceded FOUR goals, not just one penalty. I understand that the third was a back-breaker, but we were under constant pressure at the time and he was back there trying to ease that....

Taking Gardner off for Petrov, rather mystified me. Gardener was doing OK, and had a decent game - he did look after the ball - but he was already booked, so maybe that was why he came off? but then why move the also booked Reo-Coker out wide into Gardner's position?

Gardner was getting run-ragged by Bale, who was the source of everything that Spurs were doing in attack. I'm sure the thought was that NRC's pace could handle Bale better and that the introduction of Petrov might see a central midfielder who could actually keep the ball (Barry and NRC were failing at that - see above). In retrospect, it may have been better to move Gabby out wide.....

Although we let in 4 goals I don't blame either of the central defenders, or the goalkeeper who to me all played pretty well. The problem was that Spurs were allowed to get at them so many times, through our midfield and down their left.

To be honest, I do, to a point. Villa defend zonally on corners (becoming a very common tactic at all levels of the game) and Laursen was slow to react on Berbatov's goal. Also, the third and fourth goal were a result of us failing to clear the ball properly - something that the GK and centrebacks are ultimately responsible for. Look at how many times Ghaly won headers inside our box immediately before scoring the fourth....... THREE TIMES.

I think in the end you simply have to learn the lessons from the mistakes, accept that the result was fair, whatever order the goals came in, and move along.

I AGREE 100% - AND STOP BLAMING HAREWOOD!!!

I AGREE 100% - AND STOP BLAMING HAREWOOD!!!

Dunno if that's directed at me (you replied in detail to my post, above), but I don't. He was entirely responsible for conceding the 3rd goal, and it was dumb, but he didn't mean to. It's a team game. The team let in 4, the team scored 4. Let's hope they learn from it. I have my own thoughts about Marlon, but would agree that the concentration on him, when there ws a whole lot to look at, looks like scapegoating.

Dunno if that's directed at me (you replied in detail to my post, above)

Sorry, not directed at you at all.... just an overall plea to fellow Villans to get out of this awful habit of scapegoating players. It's been going on since Ron Saunders signed Ken McNaught.

Dunno if that's directed at me (you replied in detail to my post, above)

Sorry, not directed at you at all.... just an overall plea to fellow Villans to get out of this awful habit of scapegoating players. It's been going on since Ron Saunders signed Ken McNaught.

many fans do it, of all teams.

it's natural when you follow passionately a game like ours.

FWIW I think the hare is sh*t, didn't want us to sign him and thought he did nothing at all when he came on and was solely and idiotically responsible for the 3rd goal, which then heaped a whole mass of unwanted and unneccessary pressure onto us.

Not sure if that's scapegoating or not?

he wasn't to blame for all 3 goals though, obviously. But he did contrubute enormously to the draw, although not in a positive way, sadly :(

scapegoating, by definition, can't be natural - surely using the evidence of your own eyes is natural.

A scapegoat is Someone punished for the errors of others.

Even what people percieve to be scapegoating - blaming just one person who they feel played particularly badly (which isn't "scapegoating"at all) is not by any means universally natural. For everyone who blames "just" their particular target, there are others who at worst say "OK he was poor, but it wasn't all down to him".

The so called scapegoating that goes on here, is mostly, er, ill-judged ranting and frustration rather than any kind of rational analysis.

Â