The push for the Play offs ?

hippo

17 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Preston are going to seriously outclass us and then it will be obvious how far off we are.

I think we will be a point behind them on Saturday night and at worst we will share the points. I really don't see them seriously outclassing us but time will prove one of us to be right. 

10 hours ago, John said:

Bristol City's win tonight has left us with just Saturday's game to play before 31/1. So if we can get a win against Preston hopefully we will have reinforcements in place before we visit Brentford at the end of the month. 13 points from our next 5 games should be our target although it might seem an unlikely one to hit at the moment it is the sort of run we need to go on if we are to make that top six by the end of the season. 

This is good news in my eyes

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

This is good news in my eyes

Absolutely.  The fewer games we play in January whilst trying to bring in re-inforcements the better.

I don't think we can make it this season.

The damage was already done at the start.

Spending 15 and 12 mill on strikers but with nobody to supply in the middle of the park and chip in with goals themselves has cost us.

Edited by AshVilla

Deffo possible, but needs our new players to bed in immediately. 2 points per game, which we were averaging with a poor first 11, will get us there or thereabouts. Honestly think we will click with the likes of lamscuddy and hourihane in the middle. 

If we have any chance of making the play offs we have to win tomorrow. If we do it takes us with in 7 points with 19 games to play. With two or three signings to come before the Brentford game and Kodjia possibly back then we could well be starting a run to the top 6.  Crucial we win tomorrow though and start gathering some positive momentum.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

The Bristol game being off is brilliant. 19 games left, that's 57 points up for grabs and now with at least one midfielder who can create and score, more than likely 2, then there's no reason to give in.

It sounds a lot of points to make up but with these midfield additions the whole goal threat changes completely, not just goals from midfield but more from the forwards too. 

The defence is pretty sound in terms of goals conceded. I know everybody hates Hutton but with Lansbury and potentially Connor, we have players who could utilise his energy up and down the flank. His end product can be poor but Hutton makes a lot of good runs that don't end up in a pass and leave him isolated and scrambling back as a result. I'd stick with Hutton until the end of the season (not against Bree coming in though). 

Good that Sheffield Wednesday lost and got two red cards. A win today and gap is 7 again. It can change that quickly if we put 6 wins on the trot. Easier said than done but if our new midfield clicks.. Kodjia could come back early. McCormack and Kodjia upfront being fed by Lansbury and hourihane. Mouth watering.

Edited by KSV

If we do make the play offs then I wouldn't want to face us. Unbeaten at home all season and tough to break down away if we play for the draw, even tougher. 

The only problem is getting there. We've been saying it since the start of the season, but we need to put a sequence of wins together and quick. 

Hopefully the addition of actual midfielders will help us away from home, and we can start to propel ourselves up the league. 

You don't get anything for being 6th after 25 games. If we sneak in on the 46th game it's job done! Plenty to be played yet. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Its not happening this season, we just need to try and improve as a side and build some momentum to take into next season.

Why not tho? 19 games to play, only 10 points off the play off places, I'd say there's a great chance still! :)

21 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Its not happening this season, we just need to try and improve as a side and build some momentum to take into next season.

If we are still 10 points off after today then I will agree with this.

I think the playoffs are gone, 10 points doesn't sound like much but there are 7 clubs above us who will all need to drop points whilst we pick up 3 points each week.

We have seen in previous weeks how one win doesn't move us anywhere in the table, and with our away form we won't have the momentum to string wins together back to back.

Obviously I won't be complaining if we go on to win every game left this season, but unfortunately that is the type of form we will need to move ourselves into the playoff positions now.