The push for the Play offs ?

hippo

Screw it... lets just believe until we cant. Makes the season last longer.. 

If we beat Norwich and get some favourable results.. i bet the other teams will be looking over their shoulders and start choking like Spurs did last year.

If the gap is 8 points with 7 games to go.. including a game against Fulham. If we just got promoted.. THIS season.. it would probably be up there with anything we have ever done (besides European Cup) as its quite frankly a miracle. Would mean we have had to win like 10 in a row and 15 of 16 games. 

If there is anything that i am 100% certain of.. is that our fans.. WE deserve something like that*. 

*so it probably wont happen*

i dont think wednesday losing is the problem, they could implode and not win another game all season, it'll be fulham that gets the last spot...fulham dont win another game, it'll be norwich or preston...

its not just the 11 points its the 6 teams that we'd have to overtake, i just dont see it, they're not all going to lose form

• Like 2

if the form for the next 6 games stays exactly the same as the last 6 games then after 44 games

fulham 70

villa 66

wednesday 66

preston 66

cardiff 60

derby 58

norwich 53

barnsley 53

fulham have wednesday away last game of the season, we have a maybe already promoted brighton

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i dont think wednesday losing is the problem, they could implode and not win another game all season, it'll be fulham that gets the last spot...fulham dont win another game, it'll be norwich or preston...

its not just the 11 points its the 6 teams that we'd have to overtake, i just dont see it, they're not all going to lose form

Too true.

In January it was still in our hands, but now it's all down to blind hope and dumb luck.

Even if we do our part it will still take a remarkable collapse by the whole top half of the table for us to make it.

57 minutes ago, sne said:

Even if we do our part it will still take a remarkable collapse by the whole top half of the table for us to make it.

Assuming we keep winning, we only really need a proper collapse of Sheffield Wednesday & Fulham.

Preston would need a small worsening of form. 

Norwich will only be 3 points ahead if we beat them on Saturday.

Derby and Barnsley i expect us to finish above anyway. 

Unfortunately, i don't see us winning 8 more games, or Sheffield and Fulham collapsing.

Edited by ender4

If this weekend Villa WIN, Sheffield & Derby DRAW and the others above us WIN, table would be:

6) Fulham - 64

7) Sheffield - 63

8) Preston - 60

9) Norwich - 57

10 Villa - 54

11) Derby - 54

12) Barnsley - 52

... with 7 games to go.

Edited by ender4

35 minutes ago, ender4 said:

If this weekend Villa WIN, Sheffield & Derby DRAW and the others above us WIN, table would be:

Fulham - 64

Sheffield - 63

Preston - 60

Norwich - 57

Villa - 54

Derby - 54

Barnsley - 52

... with 7 games to go.

Is fulham in 6th spot here?

2 hours ago, Junxs said:

Shef W and Fulham both play Rotherham in their next 2 games, You may as well add 3 points to both their totals

Guess it's time for Rotheram to go on an epic "Fight for the pride of the shirt if nothing else" run for a couple of games then.

:ph34r:

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Guess it's time for Rotheram to go on an epic "Fight for the pride of the shirt if nothing else" run for a couple of games then.

:ph34r:

Didn't realise Rotherham were only on 17 points after 38 games - the exact situation we ended on last season.

If that's anything to go by, they will have absolutely **** all "fight" about them :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Didn't realise Rotherham were only on 17 points after 38 games - the exact situation we ended on last season.

If that's anything to go by, they will have absolutely **** all "fight" about them :D

Maybe you can watch their game on the internet and report back to us? ;)

• Like 1