January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

All you VTers taking the piss out of my posts regarding 9 & 11 players

This team is DONE - Infected by the shit we didnt sell/loan or bomb squad.

Only Chester & Baker, Adomah, McC, Grealish & Kodjia have a chance of NOT getting scarred.

SK (GK) is new

so we need ASAP

RB

LB

DM

2x CM

LW

CF

Then

Cover for

RB LB CB DM CM L/RW AM CF

15 players so we can give the shit free transfers

Just get rid of

Bunn

Hutton

Elphick

Richards

Amavi

Bacuna

Westwood

Gardner

Gaby

If you have a bottle full of poison

you have to empty the bottle and clean it out before you want to fill it with drinking water.

Just diluting time and time again is a complete waste

• Like 1

Friendly advice to Dr T.  Save your money.  There's no point spending any cash in January - we are far too **** to have a hope of finishing in the top half let alone in the play-offs.  Forget this season.  Then sell every single member of the first team squad (or just sack those that you can't sell) and start from scratch.  We are 18 players short of a team capable of playing decent football in the Championship - let alone the Premier League.

• Like 1

Just now, allani said:

Friendly advice to Dr T.  Save your money.  There's no point spending any cash in January - we are far too **** to have a hope of finishing in the top half let alone in the play-offs.  Forget this season.  Then sell every single member of the first team squad (or just sack those that you can't sell) and start from scratch.  We are 18 players short of a team capable of playing decent football in the Championship - let alone the Premier League.

No don't agree. 

When players like Lansbury and hourihane are available now and we have a good chance of signing them, we should take it. 

Whilst the play offs seem a long way off, a strong finish will do the team the power of good even if we don't make promotion. 

• Like 4

Can I ask? Does Grealish actually appear to give a shit despite his claims of being a lifelong fan? Quite tired of his smug, nonchalant and arrogant appearance but our side is so poor that we cannot afford to leave him out, he's in the less shit category of players we have. Only Chester is displaying any true class and I am a fan of Baker who we miss whenever he doesn't play.

Was absolutely disgusted with McCormack crying over having his shirt tugged rather than busting a gut to try and get a shot off...

14 minutes ago, allani said:

sell every single member of the first team squad (or just sack those that you can't sell) and start from scratch.  We are 18 players short of a team capable of playing decent football in the Championship - let alone the Premier League.

or this ^

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, allani said:

If we buy another whole squad, it will take months for them to get to know each other and play well together, and that will be next season wasted as well. Of course we aren't going up this year, but we can still use the time to bring people in, get them used to playing with each other and then start next season hopefully faster and ready. 

And on a personal level, I'm fed up of watching some of these players, frankly. 

Just now, theboyangel said:

No don't agree. 

When players like Lansbury and hourihane are available now and we have a good chance of signing them, we should take it. 

Whilst the play offs seem a long way off, a strong finish will do the team the power of good even if we don't make promotion. 

I know that really.

But in 2017 we have played over 280 minutes (including added time) of football (apparently) and managed three shots on target.  Three.  And two of those games were against teams in the bottom third of the division.  If you want to discount Spurs (who were our peers not so long ago) then it is two shots on target in nearly 190 minutes again two of the weakest teams in the division.  Two league defeats would be barely acceptable if we'd lost both 3-2 and been on the receiving end of a dodgy penalty or two.  But to lose to rubbish without even mustering a threat is unacceptable.

It's not all going to get fixed by signing a couple of players - we're still only an injury away from having to play this shower of **** again.  We need to sign so many players to be competitive in this league (especially when you consider the teams that will be coming down) let alone be capable of surviving in the Premier League.  Dr T will have to be a brave man to sink the funds in that are needed (unless he can sell on some of the rubbish at a profit) with no guarantee of success and the dreaded prospect of FFP kicking in big time if we miss promotion next season.

• Like 1

I agree, it is more important for us to get rid of players than it is to add more players. We have to many poor players and any new signing will just get infected by the players we have and automatically turn awful. We won't go up this season, even if we spend £50m. Might as well save it, so that we can start again. 

Although, I will be happy for any player we sign this month, but still believe it is more important to sell.

• Like 1

If we get in the best midfield today the championship have ever seen. It's a week too late. Our promotion goose was cooked yesterday 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

If we buy another whole squad, it will take months for them to get to know each other and play well together, and that will be next season wasted as well. Of course we aren't going up this year, but we can still use the time to bring people in, get them used to playing with each other and then start next season hopefully faster and ready. 

And on a personal level, I'm fed up of watching some of these players, frankly. 

As opposed to persisting with a load of players who quite clearly are not up to the job.  What is more likely to succeed:

(a) Buy 2 good players.  Stick them in with 1 other good player, 2 decent players and 6 crap players / players who can't be ****ed.  Have them play together for 6 months.

(b) Buy 5 good players and 6 decent players in the same week and have them play together for 2 weeks.

Option (b) may not be playing at their best after those 2 weeks but they'd still beat team (a) just based on the fact that they are better players.  It would be like the British Lions playing any rugby team in the world except maybe the top 4.  I'd expect them to win even though they haven't played together much because man for man they are better players.  Once they come up against the likes of Australia, New Zealand, etc - then they would struggle because player for player they are (maybe) on a par and at that point familiarity provides a cutting edge. 

11 new players are more likely to challenge for promotion than 3 new players added to this pile of ****.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Can I ask? Does Grealish actually appear to give a shit despite his claims of being a lifelong fan? Quite tired of his smug, nonchalant and arrogant appearance but our side is so poor that we cannot afford to leave him out, he's in the less shit category of players we have. Only Chester is displaying any true class and I am a fan of Baker who we miss whenever he doesn't play.

Was absolutely disgusted with McCormack crying over having his shirt tugged rather than busting a gut to try and get a shot off...

Wrong thread, buddy. ;)

9 minutes ago, allani said:

As opposed to persisting with a load of players who quite clearly are not up to the job.  What is more likely to succeed:

(a) Buy 2 good players.  Stick them in with 1 other good player, 2 decent players and 6 crap players / players who can't be ****ed.  Have them play together for 6 months.

(b) Buy 5 good players and 6 decent players in the same week and have them play together for 2 weeks.

Option (b) may not be playing at their best after those 2 weeks but they'd still beat team (a) just based on the fact that they are better players.  It would be like the British Lions playing any rugby team in the world except maybe the top 4.  I'd expect them to win even though they haven't played together much because man for man they are better players.  Once they come up against the likes of Australia, New Zealand, etc - then they would struggle because player for player they are (maybe) on a par and at that point familiarity provides a cutting edge. 

11 new players are more likely to challenge for promotion than 3 new players added to this pile of ****.

I totally, 100%, disagree. I think literally the exact opposite. Which suggests that we're not going to reach an agreement, so let's leave it there. 

Just had a quick look at the team that won promotion last time we were in the second flight.  On paper there are only a couple of stand outs (partly with the advantage of hindsight) in terms of actual names.  But all the "lesser" known names had a few important charateristics that seem to be blatantly missing from most of the current lot namely: determination, drive, pride and fight.  With that in mind I wonder how many of our current squad would have been picked up by SGT to form part of his team then and whether any of them would have suddenly transformed from "waste a space" into a David Platt..... 

People keep saying get your cheque book out Tony! 

All I want is 11 players to put in 100%. The only two that seemed to do that today was Chester and dare I say it Hutton. 

im sure there are 8-9 players out there that would honestly cost **** all but would play their hearts out. 

Since O'Neil I've never seen such an anti can't be arced football club like Villa.